Are you considering using the services of Tripoint Lending? Tripoint Lending is an online lender that offers a variety of loan products including mortgages, personal loans, and auto loans.
The firm is founded in 2015 and headquartered in California. Tripoint Lending aims to provide fast and easy access to financing. However, despite its promises of quick approvals and funding, They sometimes fa short of that.
This post will provide an overview of Tripoint Lending, the pros and cons based on customer feedback, who should consider using them, and tips for getting a loan.
Overview of Tripoint Lending
Tripoint Lending was founded in 2015 in San Francisco, CA, and offers the following loan products:
- Mortgages – Conventional, Jumbo, FHA, VA, USDA loans up to $3 million
- Personal Loans – Up to $100k with terms from 2-5 years
- Auto Loans – New and used financing up to $150k
- Business Loans – Term loans and lines of credit up to $500k
Loan amounts, terms, rates, and fees vary by product. The mortgage rates are competitive but fees can be on the high side. The personal loan APRs currently range from 5.99% to 35.99%. Auto loans start at 2.99% APR for well-qualified borrowers.
The application process is entirely online. You’ll need to provide standard documentation like pay stubs, tax returns, and bank statements. Approval timeframes range from 1 day to 2 weeks depending on the loan. Once approved, you can receive mortgage funds in as fast as 7 days and other loan funds in 24-48 hours in some cases.
Pros of Using Tripoint Lending
Here are some of the benefits that customers highlight in positive Tripoint Lending reviews:
- Quick approvals and funding times – Many people report getting approved and receiving funds faster than expected.
- Competitive interest rates – Their rates are comparable to other online lenders and local banks.
- Variety of loan products – You can get financing for mortgages, personal needs, autos, and business.
- Positive customer service – Some reviews praise their responsive loan officers and helpfulness.
- Easy online application – The fully digital application is simple and convenient for tech-savvy borrowers.
- Low minimum credit requirements – They advertise approvals for credit scores as low as 580.
Cons and Negative Reviews of Tripoint Lending
However, Tripoint Lending also has its share of negative feedback on third-party review sites like Trustpilot. Here are some common complaints:
- High origination fees and closing costs – The fees can significantly increase the cost of the loan.
- Difficult to reach customer service – Some borrowers struggle to connect with representatives to resolve issues.
- Mixed experiences with ease of process – While some find it easy, others report a cumbersome application and approval process.
- Fluctuating interest rates – The rates you are quoted may change unexpectedly before closing.
- Delayed funding – Contrary to claims of quick funding, loans can take longer than expected to be funded into accounts.
On Trustpilot, Tripoint Lending currently has 2 out of 5 stars based on 100+ reviews. Many of the negative reviews center around poor communication, misleading information, and subpar customer service after being approved. There are also complaints about unexpected fees and interest rate hikes.
Tripoint Lending Credit Score Requirements
One of the key factors that determines whether you will be approved for a Tripoint Lending loan and what interest rate you will receive is your credit score. Here are the advertised minimum credit scores that Tripoint requires:
- Mortgages – 620 minimum credit score
- Personal Loans – 580 minimum credit score
- Auto Loans – 600 minimum credit score
- Business Loans – 600 minimum credit score
However, note that these are the bare minimum credit scores needed for approval. To get the best rates and terms, your credit score needs to be significantly higher:
- For mortgages, aim for at least 720+ for low rates
- For personal loans, a score of 680+ will get better offers
- For auto loans, excellent credit of 720+ unlocks the lowest rates
- Business loan rates improve dramatically once your score is 700+
The higher your credit score, the more likely you are to be approved and the lower your interest rate will be. Those with poor credit scores below 620 will have a very difficult time being approved.
Be sure to check your credit reports from all three bureaus and correct any errors before applying. The middle FICO score of your reports is what Tripoint Lending will use. Take time to improve your credit if needed before applying. Managing your credit properly is key to getting the best financing offers from Tripoint or any lender.
Who Should and Shouldn’t Use Tripoint Lending
Based on the reviews, Tripoint Lending is best suited for borrowers that:
- Have great credit – Minimum scores between 580-620 are advertised but you’ll get the best rates with scores above 720.
- Are seeking very competitive interest rates – Their rates can be hard to beat for well-qualified borrowers.
- Need funds quickly – If you need lightning-fast approval and funding, they can deliver in some cases.
However, first-time homebuyers or those with complex financial situations may want to steer clear. You may encounter more headaches than if you went with a local lender.
Those with poor credit should also be cautious and compare options from specialized lenders. The advertised minimum credit scores are lower but approvals may be difficult.
Tips for Getting a Tripoint Lending Loan
If you do opt to move forward with Tripoint Lending, keep these tips in mind:
- Have all required documents ready before starting your application – This will expedite the process.
- Shop and compare rates across multiple lenders – Make sure you’re getting the best deal.
- Try to negotiate origination fees and lock in your rate upfront – This can prevent unexpected hikes.
- Ask a lot of questions and clarify all terms before committing – Don’t leave room for surprises later.
- Prepare for a potentially lengthy underwriting and approval process – Manage your expectations.
Is Tripoint Lending Legit?
When researching any online lender, it’s reasonable to question whether they are a legitimate and trustworthy company. Based on available information, Tripoint Lending does appear to be a legitimate lender.
Tripoint Lending is a real online lender that is properly licensed and authorized to operate in various states. They legally lend their own funds rather than just brokering loans. While some borrowers have had bad experiences, the company itself does appear to be legitimate. Be sure to verify licensing and qualifications on your state’s regulatory sites as an extra precaution.
Here are a few factors that support their legitimacy
- They are properly registered legal business entities. Tripoint Lending LLC is registered in Delaware and authorized to conduct lending in multiple states.
- They are a direct lender, not a broker. Tripoint provides financing directly rather than just arranging loans.
- They are qualified to work with major federal agencies. Tripoint offers conventional loans as well as those insured by FHA, VA, and USDA. This requires proper licensing and qualifications.
- They maintain trust and security certifications. Their website utilizes 2048-bit SSL encryption and they are committed to keeping data secure.
- Major third-party review sites have verified their legitimacy. Both Trustpilot and the Better Business Bureau have confirmed their legal business registration.
- They provide proper disclaimers and license information. Their website includes expected disclosures, licensing details, and contact information.
Tripoint Lending offers competitive rates and a fast, convenient application process. But make sure to carefully consider the reviews before applying. While they advertise quick approvals, the process is not always smooth and customer service could be improved.
Take your time exploring all of your lending options before deciding if Tripoint is right for your needs. With the right expectations and preparation, you may have a positive experience.
More Related Content
- Lending Club Personal Loans – Apply for Personal Loans at www.lendingclub.com
- Private Loan for Bad Credit – How to get a Loan with Bad Credit
- How to Get an Auto Loan Online: A Comprehensive Guide
- When are Personal Loans a Good Idea?
- Bank of America Mortgage Application Sign up & Login at www.bankofamerica.com