When Tinder came out, users can only share their photos from Facebook. But now with Tinder Instagram, users can link their accounts and share photos just like Facebook. So how do I link my Instagram with Tinder? Wondering how, right. Then read on to find out more about this process.
A new update on the Tinder application has made it possible to link Instagram to it. Linking your Instagram account to Tinder helps your matches scroll through the most recent images you have on Instagram. If the profile is set to private, up to 34 photos can be shared with the Tinder app. While when made public, all your Instagram contents can be viewed. Before Linking these two accounts, what are they?
What is Tinder?
Tinder is a location-based social search app and web. The service is often used as a dating service. Tinder is one of the most popular dating apps or sites you can use to find dates for both hookups and long-term relationships. It adopts the swiping motion which involves swiping right for like and left for dislike.
What is Instagram?
Instagram is simply an American video and photo-sharing social platform which is owned by Facebook. Users create profiles to share pictures and videos from their lives, add up filters, captions, etc. Users can also discover what’s trending on the platform. It is free to use and simple to understand.
Tinder and Instagram – How to Link
The process is simple. That is to say, linking and unlinking your Tinder with Instagram is simple and fast. But, it is not really necessary to do that. I will be discussing how to link it, but you would need to have an Instagram account alongside Tinder account too. Then you can link the account by doing the below;
- Open the Tinder application to your device.
- Then tap on the icon located on the upper left side of your profile.
- Tap on your image to view the profile.
- Then hit on “Edit Info”.
- From the page loaded, scroll to the “Instagram Photos” and hit “Connect”.
- You would be requested to log in to Instagram.
- Accept the permission requested by Tinder to access by hitting on “Authorize”.
If the Instagram account has been linked before to a Tinder account, an error would occur.
How to Unlink or Disconnect Tinder from Instagram
If you no longer feel secure about the whole linking process, you can simply unlink or disconnect the account. As you know Tinder is a dating service while Instagram is not. So to unlike, follow the instructions below;
- Open the app.
- Hit on the upper left side icon to access your profile on the platform.
- Tap on your image to load your full profile.
- Then “Edit Info”
- Scroll down from there to the “Instagram Photos” option and then hit on “Disconnect”.
- To confirm the process, tap on “Ok”.
Just like the profile would be unlinked and you would no longer feel spied upon or unsecured about your privacy.