Shout out, There Is a Fix for Audio Missing From Your Instagram Video. Following the release of Apple’s iOS 15 update, some users have reported strange behavior on Instagram, when an iPhone’s ringer switch is set to silent mode, stories play without audio. A new update released on Friday appears to fix the problem.
Instagram is one of the most broadly used social media platforms. It is wildly popular for photo and video sharing features, which attract a lot of users and posts. There are a number of specially curated features for video editing and effects that can be used on the go.
But sometimes users report issues related to the sound of the videos. There are instances when the video plays, but users don’t hear any sound with the video. Well, let us explain what the issue might be and how it can be fixed.
There Is a Fix for Audio Missing From Your Instagram Video
The concept of sound problems on Instagram seems more complicated than usual. The confusion occurs because Instagram’s default setup is to play videos soundlessly. So it is essential to check the settings before you decide if this is a glitch.
When you play an Instagram video, and there is no sound, you can see a little speaker icon at the bottom right of the video. Tap on the icon. If there is no problem at all, the video plays with the sound.
· The Instagram video itself may have been posted without sound. A user can intentionally post a video without any sound on Instagram, and as a result, the video will play without any sound for the viewers.
· There can be a problem with your Instagram application that can cause the sound to be unavailable. The reason can be anything from the Cache issue to an outdated version.
· Sometimes, it can be an internet browser that is causing the problem. A third-party extension or an ill-performing browser can cause problems while playing video on Instagram using a web browser.
· The audio codec of the video may not be compatible with the Instagram application. This may cause the Instagram application not to decode and play the sound properly.
· The video itself may have been corrupt. This can happen due to various reasons.
The above are some of the supposed reasons for audio missing from your Instagram. You can get more details about the causes of Instagram video sound issues here.
Facebook Working on a Fix
For some users, the issue popped up even earlier during the public beta of Apple’s software update. It’s not clear if this issue impacted users running older versions of iOS, and Facebook didn’t confirm if the issue was specifically related to iOS 15.
The company did provide the following statement promising a fix, however: We’re aware that some people are having trouble hearing their audio in Instagram Stories. We’re working to fix this issue as quickly as possible and apologize for any inconvenience.
Update Available for Download
As of Friday, the update is available to download, and at least on many devices, a lot of people testified that the problem is gone. Audio plays in Instagram Stories with the ringer off after a press of the volume button. You can also get more details by simply clicking this link.