The hotel industry is experiencing a boom in pet friendly hotels. It’s a feature that hotel chains and small hotels alike are offering to travelers. If you’re a hotelier, you may consider making your property pet-friendly to attract new customers. Why? These unique hotels are quickly winning over new customers.
It’s so amazing as you and your four-legged buddy go everywhere together, so why should your next vacation be any different? Pack up some tennis balls and your pup’s favorite chew toy, and get ready to embark on an adventure for two.
Whether you’re looking to explore a new city with your furry friend in tow or bring your mutt to your next family reunion, you’ll find plenty of dog-friendly hotels to accommodate all your travel needs.
The Pet-Friendly Hotels
Pet friendly hotels are gradually becoming rampant. But finding a pet-friendly hotel that’s part of a large hotel chain is not as easy as you might think. That’s because, with most chains, not every property in that hotel chain is pet-friendly.
A Comfort Inn or Marriott in one city may accept pets, while the same brand in another city might not. So you have to do your homework. But don’t worry, Pet’s welcome has done it for you! Just choose your favorite hotel chain from the list below and search an exclusive database of pet-friendly properties from just that chain.
How Do Pet-Friendly Hotels Work?
Pet-friendly amenities offered at hotels include food dishes, water bowls, outdoor play areas, and dog runs. Even more, hotels are offering “doggie cuisine,” with room service menus specially tailored to dog’s palettes these features will also make it more likely that your guests will order room service or dine-in because their pet can also have a delicious meal by their side.
Pet Travel Checklist
Below you’ll find some tips to ensure that your dog will be welcomed wherever you travel;
- A comforting blanket to sleep with that carries some of the normal smells of home. “This will help your dog feel comfortable and relaxed, as many like familiar smells.”
- Collapsible travel bowls as well as food and water to keep bowels on track. “A new type of food, different tasting water, or bowls that are not theirs may cause them to not eat or drink,” she says.
- A leash, even if your dog is used to being carried everywhere. “Training your dog to walk on a leash will help when you’re on the road, especially when you’re trying to carry your luggage.”
- A favorite toy or chew item to ease travel stress and pass the time on long car or plane rides.
- Potty bags to help clean up when nature calls.
- An airline-approved pet carrier that your dog has already slept in. “Make going into their carrier fun and enjoyable,” she says. “Let them spend time sleeping in their carrier, as this will make the trip much easier for you and your pet.” Get more details here.
Hotels That Accept Pets
Below are the lists of some hotels that will gladly welcome your pets;
Rosewood, Hong Kong, China
Ultra-luxury with jaw-dropping views of the harbor, Rosewood Hong Kong soars over the iconic Victoria Harbour and combines exceptional comfort with unique hospitality. Besides being a five-star luxury hotel and having an amazing location at the Kowloon waterfront, Rosewood Hong Kong is pet-friendly.
The Liberty Hotel, Boston, USA
With a rich history, central location, and a “quintessentially Boston” feel. The Liberty Hotel combines historic charm and modern luxury to give you a truly unique stay. Boasting sweeping views of the city’s skyline and the Charles River, this hotel is located in the heart of Beacon Hill. Which is within walking distance from shopping, dining, and the Boston scene. It’s everything you’ve ever wanted, and more.
Le Bristol Paris, France
With an elegant address on Rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré and a luxurious label as a top “palace hotel” in Paris. Le Bristol Paris puts in an exceptional level of effort into making each guest’s experience the best it can be – furry guests included. It has always been Le Bristol Paris’ delight to welcome pets and give them the very special accommodation they deserve.
If your hotel is pet-friendly, be sure your customers know this by displaying pet-centric information and your policy prominently on your website. You can get more details about the pet friendly hotels here.