What is your Facebook timeline? Do you know what it is? If you know what it is, do you know where to find it?
The Facebook timeline is one of the most popular features on Facebook, but do you know that there are some users on the platform who don’t even know of its existence? I mean they make use of the feature every time they pay a visit to the Facebook social media platform, but they don’t have an idea as to what it is. Surprising right? Yes, it really is surprising.
If you are one of these persons, then you are in luck today. In this article, I will be explaining in total what the Facebook timeline is, therefore here is your chance to learn about it once and for all.
The Facebook Timeline
Without any further delay, what is this feature? This is a feature on Facebook to be precise. Now, what does this feature do? The Facebook timeline is a place where you share your photos, posts, and other experiences on the Facebook platform. On a person’s Facebook timeline, he or she can add a profile picture, a cover photo, edit your personal information, view your activities on Facebook via the activity log feature, and update your status and so much more.
Many users on the platform have always mistaken this feature for the Facebook news feed feature. Well, both features really look alike but they are worlds apart in the sense that they are not the same. I won’t be exaggerating on the differences of both features, but rather I will be going straight to the point. While the Facebook timeline is for you, the news feed is for your friends. On your news feed, you will find, updates, or your friend’s posts and updates from pages and groups you are following. On your timeline on the other hand you will find your posts, pictures, and posts you have been tagged in.
How To Find Your Facebook Timeline
Finding and accessing this feature is actually very easy and shouldn’t cause you any form of stress. You will find your timeline on Facebook in seconds but only if you know how to or know what you are doing. Just in case you don’t know how to locate your timeline on Facebook;
- Login to your Facebook account.
- On your Facebook account page, click on your profile image or your name.
- You will be taken to your Facebook timeline page immediately.
It’s that simple, easy, and straightforward. Note that you can also control who can see your timeline posts on Facebook.
Control Who Sees Your Facebook Timeline
To control this setting,
Computer New Facebook;
- Login to your Facebook account.
- Click on the drop-down icon at the top right corner of your Facebook account page.
- Click on the settings and privacy tab and then on settings.
- Select the timeline and tagging option from the left column.
- Click on edit next to the ‘who can see what others post on your timeline’.
- Lastly, select your preferred audience.
- Click on the drop-down icon and then select settings.
- Click on the timeline and tagging in the left column of the settings page.
- Next, click on the edit tab next to the setting ‘who can see what others post on your timeline’.
- Lastly, select your audience.
- Download the Facebook app and log in to your account.
- Tap on the menu icon in the top right corner of your account page.
- Tap the settings and privacy tab and then on settings.
- On the privacy section, tap tagging and timeline.
- Tap the ‘who can see what others post on your timeline option and select your audience.
That’s it! When you follow the steps above correctly, then you can choose and control who views your timeline on Facebook. Not you will need to be an account holder on the platform in order to have a timeline on the platform.