Knowing what the Signs of Coronavirus are, will help us detect the presence of the virus around us easily. This will in turn help us be cautious and stay safe from being infected. To this end, everyone has been advised to practice social distancing and proper hygiene.
Signs of Coronavirus
The signs of coronavirus are clearly the symptoms of the disease. Over the few months after the disease has been identified, there have been several symptoms that have been shown by infected persons. Some of these symptoms are mild and others are very serious leading to the death of some of the infected people. It has been observed that some of these symptoms are very similar to that of cold.
Mild Signs of COVID-19
Like earlier mentioned, some of the symptoms of coronavirus are quite mild. Most people, about eighty percent, who got infected with the virus, recover from the disease without needing special treatment. The disease which was first identified in Wuhan, China, is caused by Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV-2) in 2019, hence, the name COVID-19 which stands for Coronavirus Disease 2019.
After then, the disease has spread to almost all parts of the world and caused several damages from health to commerce and even to physical human interactions. Some of the mild signs of coronavirus are as follows;
- High temperatures
- Dry cough
- Tiredness (fatigue)
- Difficulty in breathing
- Sore throat
- Running nose
These are mild symptoms of the disease that have been observed from infected persons that have been showing symptoms.
Severe Signs of Coronavirus
Not every one that got infected with the virus actually shows symptoms of the virus. This makes it very easy for the virus to spread from one person to another since the signs of coronavirus do not show. Although it takes an incubation period for the symptoms to manifest, the time varies for everyone. That aside, those who get infected and fall sick from the disease, some of them show very severe symptoms of the virus. Some of the severe signs of the virus shown are listed out below.
- Tightness of the chest
- Shortness of breath
- Loss of sense of smell
- Loss of sense of taste
- Conjunctiva congestion
- Multi-organ failure
These severe signs gradually grow from the mild symptoms. If one does not get proper medical care and management, it could lead to death. Mostly, the older people and people with other medical conditions are more vulnerable to becoming severely ill.
Incubation Period For Coronavirus
The Incubation period of Coronavirus simply means the time between when a person contacts the virus to when the symptoms of the disease begin to show. The estimated time for the incubation period of the virus is one to fourteen days (1 – 14 days). Most of the infected people have shown symptoms of the virus from the fifth or sixth day, some earlier and others later, hence the fourteen days lapse.
How To Stay Safe From Coronavirus
To stay safe from coronavirus there are several things one has to put in practice. Since it is said that the virus is picked up from infected persons, droplets of infected persons, items that have has the virus on it, hands and surfaces, some of these tips have been recommended to help contain the spread of the disease and keep one safe from contacting it. These tips are as follows;
- Proper and frequent washing of hands with soap and water for at least twenty minutes.
- The use of hand sanitizers before and/or after touching items for the general public.
- The use of medical face mask when in public.
- Avoiding touching people, hugging, or even shaking hands.
- Try as much as possible to avoid any form of gathering.
- Cough and sneezing into your elbow.
- Practicing social distancing.
- Obeying and adhering to health advice.
- Disinfect surfaces and belongings around you frequently.
- Get tested if you suspect to have been in contact with the disease or an infected person.
- Report any suspected case of the disease to the nearest center for early treatment.
If these tips are duly observed, one can be sure to stay safe from coronavirus. With the widespread of the virus, taking safety hygiene cautions is just the way to stay safe.
CHECK THESE OUT:
- COVID-19 – Symptoms of COVID-19 | Transmission of Coronavirus
- Facebook COVID-19 Update – Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information Center
- Covid-19 Symptoms – Covid-19 | Transmission of Covid-19
- Orange Corners Incubation Program 2023 for Nigerian Entrepreneurs – Apply Now!
- Orange Corners Incubation Programme 2023 for Nigerian Entrepreneurs – APPLY NOW!