The famous Shoprite Group is offering a compendious bursaries (Shoprite’s Bursary Awards) to support students studying or intending to study rare skills such as food science, pharmacy, chartered accounting, logistics, information technology, E-commerce and retail business management.
This is to inform you that the application for Shoprite’s Bursary Awards 2022 is on going. The program offers financial assistance towards tuition and on-campus accommodation. Additionally, the awards are linked to a work-back agreements that is, availability of job opportunities upon graduation.
Shoprite’s Bursary Award 2022 For African Students Fully Funded
Shoprite Group offers a range of exciting jobs at various offices around Africa, varieties of vacancies in-store, as well as amazing opportunities via apprenticeships at its Data Science Academy.
The Group is currently a leading employer in South Africa. This year, it welcomes hard-working and passionate individuals to join it’s quest in becoming the best retailer globally.
This bursary opportunity will create a pathway for success for any young, ambitious and serious individuals.
Details of Shoprite’s Bursary Award 2022
- Type: College School
- Organization: Shoprite
- Course to study: Not specified
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: August 31, 2022
- Target: African Students
Brief History About Shoprite
The Shoprite Group started as a Company in 1979 with the purchase of a chain of 8 Cape-based supermarkets for a worth of R1 million.
Shoprite Group had it’s first branch outside western Cape in Hartswater, Northern Cape In 1983. After one year, the growth of Shoprite became rapid and the company purchased six food stores from Ackermans.
The group extended to the free State In 1986 with a store in Bloemfontein. It was then listed on the JSE Securities Exchange South Africa with a market capitalization of R29 million.
The shoprite group in 2004, started trading as a wholesale operation in India and subsequently acquired both Foodworld, with 13 stores, and Computicket in 2005. It also opened the first Shoprite Liquor Shop in Nigeria.
Aim and Benefits of Shoprite’s Bursary Award 2022
- The Shoprite’s bursary Awards provides financial assistance towards tuition and on-campus accommodation,
- Recipients have a work-back agreements clause, which ensures job opportunities upon graduation.
How to Apply for Shoprite’s Bursary Awards 2022
Interested Applicants are encouraged to check the Eligibility Criteria before applying for the awards. To apply;
- Visit the Shoprite on shoprite-bursary.erecruit.co
- You can get more details by visiting the Shoprite Group website at: https://www.shopriteholdings.co.za/content/MediaPortal/en/careers/bursaries.html
Eligibility Criteria for Shoprite’s Bursary Award 2022
To be considered for the Shoprite’s Bursary Awards, Applicants must meet the criteria below:
- Applicants must be current students studying a degree program
- Only African students are eligible for this Awards. That is the applicant must be an African student
- The Applicants must be seen to be enrolled in full-time program
- Ambitious and serious young Applicants will have better chances of approval
- Good communication skills is a requirement that all applicants must meet in other to be eligible
The last date to apply for the Shoprite’s Bursary Awards is August 31, 2022.