It might be a case that the total amount of the new stimulus grant could increase from the targeted sum of about $1 trillion as Democrats demand higher funding for their legislative priorities; like unemployment benefits and increasing aid to states and localities, including other measures. You are to be considered eligible if you were eligible also during the first stimulus check package. Consider reading more om this article to get more information on the Second Stimulus Check Eligibility.
Second Stimulus Check Eligibility
Considering the second stimulus check; since the Cares Act, there have been countless proposals about it, including keeping the same grants of $1,200 one-time stimulus check to $2,000 a month second stimulus checks. It was previously suggested by McConnell that the second stimulus check may only be available to Americans who earn a sum of about $40,000 per year. But however, that $40,000 threshold will not be in the new stimulus check grant.
Who is Eligible for a Second Stimulus Check?
Based on recent updates, the second stimulus check might be the same as the first stimulus check under the Cares Act. If this is the case, then the Second Stimulus Check Eligibility criteria will include the below options:
- About $2,400 for married/joint filers.
- A one-time stimulus check of about $1,200 for each individual.
- Regardless of age a sum of about $500 for dependents citizens.
- Democrats have called for $1,200 on the second stimulus check for dependent which is compared to the $500 under the Republicans proposal, up to a maximum of three dependents.
- The first stimulus checks phased out by $5 for every $100 by adjusted gross income about those income limits until $99,000 of the adjusted gross income for individuals and $198,000 for married/joint filers.
- Income requirements: If a citizen earns less than $75,000 as a single individual or $150,000 as married/joint filers, they would receive a second stimulus check of about $1,200.
Reasons for the Second Stimulus Check
This grant has been called to decide for the U.S. citizens to take part, and this is due to the complaints of issues of payment by the citizens. Here are some of the reasons why the Second Stimulus Check package has been called:
- Unemployment benefits/return to work bonus.
- Payroll tax cut.
- State and local aid.
- Liability protections for businesses.
- Student loan forgiveness.
- Payroll protection program.
- Coronavirus testing.
And other few taxes pay issues for some unemployed citizens of America, or individuals who have been on work-hold for a while now due to some reasons. This check grants payable sum through which they can afford to pay some taxes and other self-care fares.
Final Thoughts on the Second Stimulus Check
House Democrats proposed a $3 trillion for the Heroes Act (though hasn’t been passed to the Senate) and are more than double McConnell’s proposed legislation. The Senate Republicans hold 53 seats in the United States Senate and will need Democrats to secure a bipartisan stimulus grant. If the Congress does not finalize legislation early, then the new stimulus check day could be delayed until after Labor Day.