The Science Without Borders Challenge is an international art contest that invites students and teachers to explore ocean conservation through art, bringing the wonders of the deep to life on canvas.
This annual competition, presented by the Khaled bin Sultan Living Oceans Foundation, encourages creativity while raising awareness about the critical need to preserve and protect our oceans and aquatic resources.
Science Without Borders Challenge 2024 – Details
The theme for the 2024 Science Without Borders Challenge is “Hidden Wonders of the Deep.” This theme challenges young artists to explore the enigmatic depths of the ocean, capturing the essence of creatures and ecosystems that rarely see the light of day.
It’s a theme that invites you to explore the unknown, to shed light on the hidden beauty and diversity that dwell beneath the ocean’s surface.
The Challenge is open to primary and secondary school students between the ages of 11-19 years. Entries that emerge winners will be awarded a scholarship Worth $500.
Participating in this challenge not only allows you to showcase your artistic talents but also offers a chance to win enticing prizes. The following scholarship awards await the most creative entries:
1st Place: $500
2nd Place: $350
3rd Place: $200
In addition, there’s a “People’s Choice” award where winners in each age group will receive a $50 scholarship.
Who’s Eligible to Participate?
The Science Without Borders Challenge is open to students between the ages of 11 to 19.
This includes both primary and secondary school students, but it’s important to note that college and university students are not eligible to participate.
The International Students Art competition is divided into two categories based on age:
Students aged 11-14
Students aged 15-19
To participate in the 2024 Science Without Borders Challenge, ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria before applying following the steps below:
- Complete the online entry form, ensuring that you provide accurate information.
- Upload a picture of your artwork. It’s important to ensure that your picture vividly portrays your interpretation of the theme.
- Submit your entry. Take note of the specified deadline to avoid late submission
- If you’re under 13, your parents will be required to provide consent, so get them on board early.
- Apply via this link: https://www.livingoceansfoundation.org/education/science-without-borders-challenge/submission-form/
Criteria for Judgment
An esteemed panel of artists, educators, and scientists will assess the entries in the Science Without Borders Challenge. The artwork you presented including that of others will be evaluated on the basis of the following:
- The Quality
- The Originality
- Adherence to the theme
- The judges will rely on a grading rubric to ensure a fair evaluation.
As you embark on your artistic journey, consider these questions:
- Does your artwork reflect a deep understanding of the contest theme?
- Does your artist’s statement articulate your grasp of the theme?
- Have you harnessed art elements like line, shape, form, value, composition, and color to effectively convey the theme?
- Is your artwork an original, inventive expression of your individual style?
- Is it neat and free from blemishes?
- Does it invoke emotions and leave a lasting impression on viewers?
Entries for the 2024 Science Without Borders Challenge is March 4, 2024.
More Related Content
- How to Hide Friends on Facebook – Can you Hide Friends on Facebook from your Spouse
- Border Patrol Agent with Visa Sponsorship in USA – Apply Now
- How to Activate Facebook Dating – How to Get Out Of (Delete) Facebook Dating
- The US Test Runs Robot Patrol Dogs on Its Borders
- Find the Right Fuel Card for Your Business – Best Fuel Cards for Small Business