Roberta Annan Fashion Scholarship is funded by Roberta Annan a Ghanaian philanthropist, a UNEP Goodwill Ambassador, and the founder of the African Fashion Foundation. The scholarship is usually awarded to the best emerging young fashion communication, business and media talents from Sub-Saharan African countries at the Condé Nast College of Fashion and Design.
About Roberta Annan Fashion Scholarship
Roberta Annan Scholarship was established to provide support to the best emerging young African fashion communication, business, and media talent from Sub-Saharan Africa, providing financial support for them to complete their higher education.
The African Fashion Foundation founded by Roberta Annan is a non-governmental organization that empowers fashion designers and creative professionals from Africa and its diaspora to succeed in the global fashion industry.
The foundation provides professional and educational developmental opportunities in partnership with established players in the fashion industry to support the success and progression of the African creative economy.
Details of Roberta Annan Fashion Scholarship
- Application Deadline: May 16, 2022
- Type of Scholarship: Undergrad
- Eligible Counties: See the list of Eligible Countries below
- Number of Scholarships: Not Specified
Eligibility Criteria for Roberta Annan Fashion Scholarship
Roberta Annan Fashion Scholarship is highly competitive, the scheme seeks to provide maximum support to young Africans with the greatest financial need, talent in the relevant subject areas, and future potential.
- Note that the Roberta Anan Fashion Scholarship is open to applications from nationals of the following Sub-Saharan African countries listed below:
Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo Democratic Republic, Congo Republic, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Côte D’Ivoire, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Rwanda, Senegal, Sao Tome and Principe, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Keyna, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria,
- To be eligible, students must be at least 18 years old on the 1st of September at the start of the academic year in which they intend to join this course. The full academic year runs 1st September-31st August annually.
- Standard entry requirements are GCSE English and Maths at Grade C (4) or above, or the equivalent international qualifications. In most cases this would be one of the following below:
- Senior School Certificate Examination,
- National Senior Certificate,
- National Diploma with higher credits,
- Higher National Diploma with credits
- Students who will actively contribute to the course, employing an original approach to their work are sort after by the college, and they must have a keen interest in pursuing a career in Fashion Communications.
- Roberta Annan Fashion Scholarship is potential and needs-based; hence applicants are required to submit detailed evidence to support their financial need for the scholarship in order to progress to the next step.
How to Apply for the Roberta Annan Fashion Scholarship
Interested and eligible applicants must meet all the eligibility criteria stated above and will have to submit the following documents and complete the initial screening via the link below: tinyurl.com/RobertaAnnanScholarship
Documents to be submitted
- CV containing personal details, location, education history, and any relevant work experience.
- A valid passport
- Academic transcripts/certificates
- A 500-word personal statement
- A Pre-recorded interview video
- Visit the link below to apply https://pwfpmfcghwd.typeform.com/condenast?typeform-source=www.linkedin.com
- Click on the “START” icon to proceed. Ensure you have the above documents intact.
Application Selection Criteria for Roberta Annan Fashion Scholarship
- Applications are first made for entry to the one-year Vogue Fashion Foundation Programme.
- When successful, the student would have to progress from an additional undergraduate progression interview
- Students must advance onto the BA (Hons) Fashion Communication & Industry Practice (2 years fast-track) undergraduate degree
The Benefits of Roberta Annan Fashion Scholarship
- Roberta Annan Fashion Scholarship provides full fee remission for the Vogue Fashion Foundation Programme and the BA (Hons) Fashion Communication and Industry Practice degree program for the successful applicant.
- For financial needs, the successful candidate will need to provide evidence of a household income below the average for his / her country with one of the following:
– Tax returns
– Bank statements
Best of luck!
YOU MAY LIKE: