The West Africa Civil Society Institute (WACSI) is a regional non-governmental organization dedicated to building the capacity of West African civil society groups for increased sustainability, and operational and development effectiveness. The Officer will be in charge of assisting with the design, implementation, and assessment of the Institute’s strategy in Nigeria.
- Job title: Programme & Administrative Officer
- Job functions: Mid-level management
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Experience Level: 5-10
- Location: Abuja Nigeria
- Workplace Type: Onsite
The required role of the job is divided into two:
- Collaboration with the Node’s Manager is required to conceive and implement projects.
- Create the annual work plan/activities and budget for Node for assessment and approval.
- Coordination of development, management, and reinforcement of networking and interaction among staff, CSOs, partners, and consultants (Node’s associates).
- Assist in the coordination of High-Level dialogues, consultative forums, and associated seminars on timely problems in Nigeria and elsewhere.
- Facilitate and strengthen positive relationships between the Node and Nigerian media outlets.
- Provide management with quarterly reports on Node’s internal and external operations.
- Serve as a liaison for the Node, other units, and project activities implemented in Nigeria.
- Represent the Node and the Institute at local and international events, forums, and workshops.
- Draft project budget, including vendor analysis, bill monitoring, payments, and other financial transactions
- Support in monitoring activities and liaise with WACSI’s M&E team on implementation framework;
- Take charge of spreading and increasing the exposure of Node’s visibility and initiatives to all relevant stakeholders involved in development.
- Coordinate the logistical aspects of training workshops, gatherings, and educational events.
- Ensure that all necessary documentation for activity funding is completed and obtain management’s approval.
- Participate in regular check-in meetings with other Node staff on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Undertake any additional responsibilities assigned by the Node’s Manager and/or WACSI Executive Director.
- Use standard operating procedures and office rules to solve routine administrative issues.
- Assist with logistics for training, workshops, conferences, and other program-related activities.
- Supervise the production and management of administrative correspondence for WACSI Node Nigeria and its various partners. Maintain the confidentiality of communications and documents as needed.
- Maintain a proper log of all incoming and outgoing correspondence, in accordance with WACSI guidelines.
- Set up, maintain, and update file systems (hard copy and electronic) for all field documents, sharing as needed with the WACSI office in Accra.
- Coordinate travel, including ensuring correct authorization, bookings, and car and driver logs.
- Coordinate the proper use of telephone and mail services (including mail courier services), as well as other administrative activities.
Requirements And Qualifications Needed For The Job
Applicants interested in this opportunity must have the following:
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline is required, with an advanced degree recommended.
- At least 5-10 years of expertise in civil society capacity building, project management, and oversight.
- Previous work experience in the West African civil society sector.
- Capable of working in a multicultural and extremely diverse setting
- Must have a Strong interest and deep knowledge of capacity development within civil society in West Africa
Personality and Attributes
- Have the capacity to pay attention to details and be results-oriented.
- Must be able to travel on short notice.
- Open to learning
- Have a Team spirit
- Have strong communication and writing skills in English and/or French.
- Outstanding interpersonal and people-management skills
- Possession of innovative thinking
- Proficient in producing comprehensive reports
- Demonstrates strong administrative capabilities.
September 22, 2023.
More Related Content
- How Is the Concept of Office Management Changing
- Online Jobs for Students – List of Online Jobs for Students
- Google Cloud Wants To Help Web3 Developers
- Facebook Establishes New Civil Rights Organization
- What Is a Civil Lawyer
- CERN Administrative Student Program 2022/2023 in Switzerland Fully Funded – APPLY NOW!