With PayPal Guest, you can pay online without a PayPal account. Although PayPal is great for the customer it can be a headache for the merchant because not all customers have a PayPal account. So, they have to go through the process of creating a PayPal account. But now that problem has been solved with PayPal guest mode where you can check out even though you do not have a credit account.
Buyers do not always have the option to complete their purchases without using or creating a PayPal account. This option is presented based on some risk factors.
Enabling guest checkout within PayPal account settings gives your buyers the option to check out using debit or credit card without having a PayPal account login.
PayPal Guest Checkout Requirement
There are some requirements before you are able to enable guest checkout in checkout. These are the following requirements.
- You must have a confirmed email address.
- Also, must verify your PayPal account.
- You must set PayPal account optional to within your PayPal settings.
Please note that buyers check out the view on PayPal depends on their web browser cookies. For instance, if the buyer has a PayPal account, he will be given the option to either login or use guest mode while for does that do not have a PayPal account, we see a default view of guest checkout allowing for credit or debit payment.
How to Enable PayPal Guest
Here is how to enable PayPal guest.
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- Also, click the settings icon next to log out.
- Now click on website payments under products and services on the left of the page.
- Click on the update next to website preferences.
- Finally, click on for PayPal account optional.
And you will able to receive guest check out payments. Moreover, guest checks out may not always be available to your customers based on a number of factors.
- Fraud prevention. PayPal has fraud prevention measures in effect for all transactions. In some cases, PayPal may prevent a customer from using guest checkout if they feel the transaction poses a certain risk.
- incorrect email address. If your customer enters an incorrect email address or an email PayPal is unable to verify.
- Location not supported.
These are some reasons why the platform may not show the guest option from time to time.
How to Pay with PayPal Guest on Androids
These are the steps to follow:
- Request an invoice email. This is for when you do not have a PayPal account but need to pay someone via PayPal. If you want to pay for an item that uses PayPal all you have to do is select the PayPal option and follow the instruction on the screen.
- Open the invoice mail. This is the email that shows the receipts of purchase from PayPal. On a website, you can continue by entering your card information in the pay without PayPal account.
- Tap on pay now or view and pay an invoice. The wording may differ but it is generally at the button of the email.
- Now tap on the debit or credit tabs and enter your payment information.
- Tap on review and continue.
These are the steps for you to follow when you want to pay with PayPal guest with android.