Facing what feels like a huge mountain of debt from different sources? Each month it probably feels like you’re barely making a dent in what you owe despite making payments. Debt can feel inescapable, but relief may be possible through Pacific Debt Relief’s debt settlement program.
Pacific Debt Settlement is a reputable debt settlement company that helps consumers negotiate down and settle unsecured debt like credit cards, medical bills, and personal loans. They offer a way to become debt-free without paying the full balances owed.
However, there are fees involved for their services. Pacific Debt Relief does not charge any upfront fees. But they do charge a percentage of your total enrolled debt as their service fee. This important fee structure means you only pay them if they are successful at settling your debts.
What is Pacific Debt Settlement?
Pacific Debt Relief is a company that helps consumers settle their debts for less than the full amount owed. They negotiate with your creditors to agree on a reduced lump sum payment to satisfy the debt. This can help you become debt-free faster with lower monthly payments.
Pacific Debt Relief was founded in 2015 in Irvine, California by Alfred Evans, a certified public accountant. Since then, they have enrolled over 10,000 clients and settled more than $250 million in consumer debt. Their team brings professional experience in accounting, law, finance, and negotiations.
How Pacific’s Debt Settlement Program Works
Pacific Debt Relief’s settlement process involves:
- Free consultation as you get a chance to speak with a Pacific debt specialist for a complimentary review of your financial situation. They explain how the program works.
- You stop making monthly payments to creditors. Instead, you save money each month in an account.
- Debt counselors negotiate with your creditors to agree on a reduced lump sum settlement of your debts. Many creditors will settle for 30-50% less than the total balance.
- Once the negotiated amount is agreed to, you pay it from your accumulated savings. The account is considered settled.
- You Become debt-free. This method allows you to settle accounts one by one, typically being debt-free in 24-48 months.
- Once debts are resolved, your credit report will show them as paid rather than delinquent.
Pacific Debt Relief handles communicating and negotiating directly with your creditors for you. This can reduce the stress and harassment from collection calls.
How Pacific Debt Relief Fees Work
Pacific Debt Relief charges service fees ranging from 15% to 25% of your total enrolled debt amount. The exact percentage depends on which state you live in and your total debt size.
These fees seem high at first. But remember, they are not paid upfront or even monthly. The fees are taken out of each settlement amount negotiated with your creditors.
This structure means you don’t pay anything until Pacific Debt Relief begins settling your accounts. The fees are deducted from each settlement payment as they start to happen.
You Only Pay Fees When You See Results
This “pay-for-performance” model is excellent because it means Pacific Debt Relief only makes money when they successfully settle your debt. You don’t pay anything until the settlements start happening.
The fees are simply rolled into your new lower monthly payment that goes into your dedicated settlement account. As your accounts are settled, the fee percentage is taken out of each settlement payment made.
What About Your Credit Score When Settling Debt?
It’s true your credit score will drop when you first enroll in Pacific Debt Relief’s program. This happens because your accounts become delinquent and then closed when settled.
However, having settled accounts looks much better to future lenders than unpaid charge-offs. Plus, once you are debt-free you are in a better position to start rebuilding credit.
Many people find it worth the temporary score drop to settle debt and become totally debt-free much faster. After completing the program, your score can start improving again.
What Are Average Fees and Savings?
According to Pacific Debt Relief, their average fees range from 15% to 25% of total enrolled debt. However, this means savings of around 50% off your debt.
For example, let’s say you enroll $20,000 in debt. The average fees would be $2,500 – $5,000. But you’d save around $10,000 settling that debt.
The exact fees, savings, and timeline will depend on your unique financial situation. But on average, many people find settling debt through Pacific Debt Relief provides significant savings compared to paying bills in full.
Could Debt Settlement Work for You?
Pacific Debt Relief is a leading debt settlement company that can help you finally escape high-interest credit card debt, medical bills, and other unsecured loans. If you have over $10,000 in unsecured debts, consider a free consultation to see if their program could work for your situation.
With no upfront fees and the possibility to settle the debt for much less, debt settlement can provide the fresh start on the life you’ve been waiting for. Contact Pacific Debt Relief today to discuss your options for becoming debt-free.
Tips for Managing Debt with Pacific
Before considering debt settlement, first explore options like:
- Loan consolidation at a lower interest rate
- 0% balance transfer credit card introductory offers
- Nonprofit credit counseling agency debt management plans
- Communicating directly with creditors for relief options
- Cutting expenses to put more toward paying off debts
Debt settlement should really be a last resort if you seriously cannot keep up with minimum payments due to financial hardship or high-interest rates from creditors. It can impact your credit score for a few years.
Is Pacific Debt Relief a Legit Company?
Yes, Pacific Debt Relief is a legitimate debt settlement company. Here are some signs it is reputable:
- Founded in 2002 and legally incorporated in California.
- Listed as an accredited business with the Better Business Bureau.
- No serious complaints or lawsuits were filed against the company.
- Clearly explains their debt settlement process and fees on their website.
- Employ certified debt specialists and legal/finance professionals.
- Claims to have settled over $250 million in consumer debt.
- Positive client reviews describing their negotiated settlements.
Pacific Debt Relief appears to be a legitimate business providing actual debt settlement services.
If you feel buried in debt with no way out, Pacific Debt Relief may be able to provide relief through negotiating settlements with your creditors.
This can help you resolve debts faster and with lower monthly payments compared to continuing to struggle with minimum payments. However, debt settlement should be carefully considered after other options since it can negatively impact your credit.
CHECK THESE OUT: