Do you know the outlook.com password reset procedures? Do you think your Microsoft account has been hacked or compromised? Also, do you wish to recover the account back? You should definitely read this article to the end. There are mainly two reasons why you might think that your Microsoft account has been hacked. It is probably because you have been sent a message from Microsoft telling you to secure your account. You are seeing the suspicious activity of which you are not sure you made or information has been leaked and you are confident it is from your Microsoft account.
Outlook.com Password Reset
Well, there are steps to recover your account (outlook.com password reset). The Outlook.com Password Reset is one of the few steps you can take to recover your account. Now like I have said earlier at the beginning of the article, most outlook accounts have been hacked. To protect yourself from this, you must be careful and vigilant, to be careful you must secure your account. Securing your account also demands you should change your outlook password which is very necessary.
Outlook Change Password
There are users who also search for the keyword above “Outlook Change Password” (outlook.com password reset). Now if you want to reset or change your outlook password then you are on the right page. They actually seem almost the same but not. I am going to show you how to change and also reset your password in this article. Well, there are things for you to know in this article, so just keep on reading.
Now I will not only be telling you how to reset or change your outlook password but also how you can create a new account. To create a new outlook account just read the steps below:
- First, open your browser on your device and go to the Outlook page at outlook.com.
- Then hit on the “Create Free Account” button on the page.
- Also, provide the preferred email address you’d wish to use and choose the @outlook.com domain.
- Now create the password you want for the account that would be used whenever you want to login.
- Then provide your first name and last name on the “Create Account” form that would be displayed.
- Now indicate your region and date of birth.
- Then confirm to being human.
These are the steps for you to follow to create a new account.
Outlook Sign In
To login or sign in to your outlook account (outlook.com password reset) then you must follow all the steps below:
- Launch your web browser and go to https://account.live.com/password/reset
- Then type in the account email ID.
- A few characters would be displayed for you to input the CAPTCHA code. After that, hit on Next.
- The platform would send a code to the mobile number you used.
- Input the security and then you would be required to create a new password to complete the process.
Then you will access you outlook account successfully (outlook.com password reset).
Change Your Microsoft Account Password
If you feel your account has been hacked but you are still able to log in, you should definitely change the password of the account. This will go a very long way in securing and protecting your account in the future.
- Turn on your device and launch any web browser on it after you have made sure it is connected to the internet.
- Seek the URL or web address outlook.com using the web browser you just launched.
- Now, you should be prompted to sign in. To sign in, enter your email address and then the password.
- Find by the top right side of the screen your username or avatar and tap on it.
- Tap on “My Account” from the dropdown.
- Tap on the “Update” button under the security section.
- Enter a phone number to protect your account or choose an alternate mail address.
- Select “Text” or “call” as a means of verification and tap on the “Next” button.
- Enter the code sent to your email address or phone number into the box provided on the screen. You may be prompted to verify your identity. If you are, a confirmation code will be sent to the number you used in creating the account.
- Type the code sent to you into the box provided on the screen and follow the onscreen instructions afterward.
If the steps above are followed correctly, you should have successfully changed the password of your outlook account thereby make it secure. You should, however, be sure not to share the new password with anyone.
Outlook.com Password Reset Procedures
If you no longer have access to your outlook account or you can no longer sign in, then you should reset the password (outlook.com password reset). Follow the steps below to reset your outlook account password.
- Get an internet-connected device and launch any web browser on it.
- Seek the outlook password reset URL or web address at https://account.live.com/password/reset.
- Type in the email address, username, or Skype name you used in login and tap next.
- Now you would be asked where you would like to get your security code. Select an option and tap next.
- Enter the information you are asked to provide respectively and hit the “Send Code” button.
- Enter the security code sent to you to verify your identity and tap “Next”.
- Now, enter the new password, you would like to use for the account and confirm it by entering it again into the “Re-enter password” field.
If you followed the steps above correctly and you are still not able to recover your account, it is recommended that you still try at least up to two times per day.