Online Sam Registration is easy to carry out and this article is going to show you how. The website www.sam.gov is owned and managed by the United States Government. This website allows individuals, organizations, and companies who are doing business with the United States Government to register.
It is a portal where the United States Government collects the data of people doing business with it. If you want a detailed guide on how to register on this portal, this article is for you.
Online Sam Registration
What does sam.gov stand for? You may be wondering. The acronym SAM stands for System of Award Management and this is a system owned by the U.S government. The website is easy to access and you can register your business size and search for your company based on its size. Location, experience, etc. You should note that this registration is totally free and if you receive an email asking you to pay for the SAM registration, you are advised to discard it.
SAM Registration Requirements – SAM Requirements
There are some requirements you must meet to be able to register on this portal. Every individual, company, or organization that registers on this platform is referred to as an entity. So, don’t get confused when you see this term used often in this article.
To register on this portal, the entity should provide the following:
- A physical address.
- Bank details such as the routing number, account type, and number as the Electronic Funds Transfer would be activated with this data.
- Taxpayer Identification Number.
- Taxpayer name for the Taxpayer Identification Number.
- The legal name of the company or organization.
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS) documents.
These are what you would be needing to register as an entity. Having known much about this registration, the next section of this article would guide you on your registration.
Before you begin the process of SAM registration, you need to open an account on the SAM website. The two types of accounts you can create on this platform include the Individual user account and the System user account. This would give you the access to register as an entity. If you want to learn how to sign up for an account, keep on reading.
How to Create a SAM Account
If you want to access SAM as a new user, follow the steps below:
- Open the web browser on your internet-connected device and enter the URL- sam.gov to visit the official web page.
- At the top right corner of your display screen, click on “Sign in”.
- Scroll down the page and click on “Create an Account”.
- Fill in your “Email address” in the required field.
- Choose your proffered language and tick on the box to indicate that you accept the “Rules of Use”
- Navigate to the “Submit” button and click on it.
- Pick your Account Type and complete the required information.
- Submit the form by tapping or clicking the “Submit” button at the bottom of the page.
After this, click done and check your email for a validation link that would be sent to you. This link is valid for only 48 hours. Hence, you should click on the link to verify that you are creating a user account on the platform.
SAM Registration Guide
After you created a user account, you proceed to register as an entity with your account. Before you proceed, you should make sure you have the details stated in this article. With this, you can follow the guide below.
How to Register on SAM.gov as an Entity
To register, follow the steps below:
- Login to your SAM account with your “User Id’ and “Password”.
- Navigate to the left side of your display screen and click on “Register New Entity”.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Start Registration”.
- Fill in every other detail in the form and attach the necessary documents.
After this, you can submit the form. This registration process would not last up to an hour if you have the necessary detail at hand. If the registration is successfully submitted, you would receive a confirmatory message via your email.
SAM Registration Renewal
The SAM registration process only lasts for a year. With this, you have to renew it annually. If you are finding it hard to renew your registration on the portal. The next section of this article would help you out.
How to Renew your SAM Registration
To renew or update your registration, follow the guide below:
- Go to the SAM official web page with this link – https://www.sam.gov
- Click on “Sign in” at the top right corner of your screen and enter your “User id” and “Password”.
- Navigate to “Register’/ update Entity” on the left-hand side of your display screen and click on it.
- Choose “Complete Registration” if your registration is noted as active.
- If you want to make changes, choose “Incomplete or Inactive”
Follow the rest instructions on your screen and choose “update” to complete the process. Registration on this portal is very easy to carry out and with the knowledge from this article, you should be able to register successfully.
- Sam’s Club Login – Sam’s Club Near Me @ www.samsclub.com
- Sam’s Club Login – How To Place Orders Online on Sam Club
- Sam’s Club Credit Card Login at Samsclub.syf.com
- Sam’s Club Credit Card – Login into your Sam’s Club Credit Card Account at samsclub.com
- Best Software Asset Management Tools – Why is Asset Management Important?