Speaking of Online Cyber Security Courses 2021, what is an online course in cyber security? An online course in cyber security is a class that introduces you to common security vulnerabilities in hardware, software, and web-based applications as well as the methods used to identify and combat such threats.
Students can expect to engage with a curriculum that covers historically notable cyber-attacks, motives for these attacks, and theories of programming and information technology that are relevant to better understanding cyber security.
This is a rapidly growing field, and as such, enrolling in a course can be majorly beneficial. In addition to the career opportunities it may provide, students are likely to gain a solid understanding of the most important cyber security principles.
Online Cyber Security Courses 2021
There are plenty of career opportunities available from enrolling in an online course in cyber security. Students who go on to complete their degree or certificate program will be best qualified for jobs such as cyber security expert, computer programmer, software developer or web application specialist.
These jobs are just a few of many, however, that may offer a promising path to students interested in this field of work. Alternately, you may work as an independent consultant and lend your expertise to technology companies and clients.
Best of the Free Cyber Security Courses Online
Below are some of the best free cyber security courses online this 2021;
- TryHackMe; features content for people new to cybersecurity and covers a broad range of topics, including training for offensive and defensive security. TryHackMe also has Capture the Flag exercises with walk-through write-ups by contributing users that let members see how problems are approached and solved. There are four levels:
- Hack The Box is geared toward offensive security and offers a live training area for hackers to practice their skills without harming any production systems. The course has retired boxes with write-ups by other members of the Hack the Box community for those who want to be guided through the process. It also has active boxes where the solutions are not published. Hacking into these boxes gives users points toward improving their rank in Hack the Box.
- SANS Cyber Aces Online; they operate as a philanthropic organization operated by SANS Institute, which donates the training courses for SANS manages one of the highest quality security training organizations in the world, so Cyber Aces can unlock the security basics for professors, teachers, business people and security pros who want to learn more about security for free.
- Federal Virtual Training Environment(FedVTE); offers its cybersecurity courses online at no charge for federal government personnel and veterans. The security industry can use the background of former military personnel. Managed by CISA, FedVTE contains more than 800 hours of training on topics like ethical hacking and surveillance, risk management, and malware analysis.
Best of the Paid Cybersecurity Courses Online
- Pentester Academy; offers excellent courses at an even better price. Students have access to dozens of interactive labs and courses on broad subjects. Many cybersecurity training programs are narrowly focused, but Pentester Academy exposes students to a broad array of technical cybersecurity courses online.
- Cybersecurity for Managers: A Playbook is a well-known MIT offering developed for business leaders, managers, and executives in technical and nontechnical positions looking to build an action plan for a more cyber-resilient and cyber-aware organization.
- Cybrary Insider Pro; this is perfect for working professionals who want to advance their careers or newbies interested in learning more about cybersecurity.
These courses should not be overlooked as they can go a long way in helping you overcome cyber threats. You can get more details on the online courses for cyber security here.
Best Cyber Security Schools In 2021
Below is a compilation of some of the best cyber security schools;
- Georgia Institute of Technology, the US
- King’s College London, the UK
- Leiden University, the Netherlands
- ETH Zurich, Switzerland
- Aalborg University, Denmark
- The University of New South Wales, Australia
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China
Above are the best cyber security schools you can try. You can get more details on cyber security by visiting this link.