OneBeat is a transformative music exchange program that brings together talented musicians from various countries to create original music and foster a global network of socially engaged music initiatives. Organized by the U.S. State Department’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs in partnership with Bang on a Can’s Found Sound Nation, OneBeat utilizes collaborative music as a powerful tool for cultural diplomacy.
Currently, it’s eighth edition, OneBeat is set to welcome musicians from Ghana, Nigeria, and the United States, among others, for a month-long training program. OneBeat aims to create a platform where emerging musical leaders from diverse cultural backgrounds can come together, exchange ideas, and collaborate on innovative musical projects.
OneBeat Training 2023 Overview
The OneBeat training program spans a month, providing an immersive experience for the participating musicians. The program begins with an opening residency, where fellows engage in collaborative sessions, experimenting with different musical ideas and developing their projects. During this period, they have the opportunity to record their original compositions and further refine their artistic vision.
OneBeat fellows contribute to the promotion of mutual understanding and respect among nations. Through their performances and interactions with audiences, they foster connections that extend beyond diplomatic relations, leaving a lasting impact on both artists and listeners.
Benefits of OneBeat Training
The costs of Participating will be covered by fellows, this includes travel and accommodations.
Additionally, Fellows will also receive a per diem and a modest honorarium
Participants will have the opportunity to create new works and also build lifelong musical partnerships and friendships, learn new marketable skills, and develop professional connections.
Eligibility Criteria for OneBeat Training 2023
The following conditions must be fulfilled by Applicants to be eligible for the OneBeat Training 2023
- Age requirement: 19 years and above by November 6, 2023, 35 years and below by November 20, 2023.
- All interested music artists from different backgrounds are welcome to apply, with or without formal musical training.
- The program is open to music of all genres such as traditional/folk, hip-hop, experimental, electronic, jazz, classical, sound design, beat-making, multimedia art, etc.
Things to know OneBeat
- Participating in the OneBeat avails an opportunity for musicians to collaborate on new projects.
- OneBeat is socially engaged hence, they’re looking for musicians who have a strong commitment to their communities
- The OneBeat program is free, that is, it covers all the Fellows’ travel costs, transportation, food, and lodging. Also, Participants will receive a stipend.
- Interested Candidates should plan to write about their proposed creative projects and their musical background
- Candidates will be required to submit 3-5 samples of their work (both audio and video are accepted).
How to Apply for OneBeat Training 2023
The application process for the 8th edition of the OneBeat Training is easy and can be done in just a few minutes. Applicants should ensure that they review the requirements to confirm their eligibility before applying.
Qualified Candidates should Go to: https://onebeatghana2023.fsn-apply.org/register to apply
For more details about the program, kindly visit the OneBeat website on: https://onebeatghana2023.fsn-apply.org/eligibility
July 18, 2023.
More Related Content
- Lesley University – Lesley University Application Process and Application Requirements
- Mp3juices Apk – Download 2019, 2020/2021 Latest Songs on www.mp3juices.cc
- Mp3juice Download Apps: Features of Mp3juice Download Apps
- Mp3Juices – Mp3 Juices Free Music Download | Juices Mp3
- Musical u – What Does Musical U Do?