In today’s fast-paced and technology-driven world, the demand for skilled professionals in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) fields continues to grow. Recognizing the need for diversity and inclusion in these sectors comes with the launching of the Nigerian Breweries Women-in-STEM Training Program. This unique initiative aims to provide young women with the necessary skills, knowledge, and opportunities to excel in STEM careers.
Suitably qualified women applicants are encouraged to apply for this program offered in partnership with Afro-Tech Girls. More specifically, the Nigerian Breweries Women-in-STEM Training program targets 2022 Women graduates with a STEM degree from an accredited university in Nigeria. They will receive mentorship and have the opportunity to advance their careers in STEM.
Overview of the Nigerian Breweries
Before delving into the Women-in-STEM Training Program, it’s essential to understand the organization behind it. Nigerian Breweries is a leading beverage company in Nigeria, known for its exceptional quality and commitment to excellence.
With a rich history spanning several decades, the company has consistently demonstrated its dedication to corporate social responsibility and empowering communities through various initiatives.
Eligibility Criteria for Women-in-STEM Training Program
To be eligible for the Women-in-STEM Training Program, applicants must meet specific criteria.
- Applicants should demonstrate a strong academic record, passion for STEM, and a desire to make a meaningful impact in their respective fields.
- The program targets fresh female graduates from a Nigerian university (the year of graduation should not be earlier than 2022).
- Applicants are expected to have studied programs in STEM degrees (Engineering, Mathematics, Industrial Science, Biochemistry, Microbiology), and other related areas
- Candidates should have a minimum C.G.P.A of 3.5 (second class upper) and above
- Must be available for and commit to all training sessions and activities
- The applicant must be willing to provide supporting required documentation
- Must be willing to work in a brewery location and be ready to move location without relocation assistance, if required.
How to Apply for Women-in-STEM Training Program 2023?
The application process for the Women-in-STEM Training Program is straightforward and accessible.
- Interested candidates can visit the program’s official website at: https://www.nbplc.com/careers/ and complete the online application form.
- Along with personal details, applicants are required to submit their academic transcripts, a statement of purpose highlighting their interest in STEM, and any relevant achievements or extracurricular activities.
- It’s important to submit applications before the deadline stated on the official page
Benefits of the Program
The Women-in-STEM Training Program offers a plethora of benefits to its participants. Some of the notable advantages include:
- Enhanced Skills: Participants gain valuable skills and knowledge in STEM disciplines, empowering them to pursue rewarding careers in their chosen fields.
- Networking Opportunities: The program provides a platform for participants to connect with industry professionals, fellow participants, and mentors, expanding their professional network.
- Internship and Employment Prospects: Successful completion of the program enhances participants’ chances of securing internships and employment opportunities in leading organizations, including Nigerian Breweries.
- Empowerment and Confidence Building: The program fosters self-confidence and empowerment among participants, equipping them with the necessary tools and resources to overcome barriers and thrive in their careers.
- Community and Support: Participants become part of a vibrant and supportive community of like-minded women in STEM. They have access to ongoing support, networking events, and opportunities for collaboration even after completing the program.
Frequently Asked Questions FAQ
Who can apply for the Women-in-STEM Training Program?
The program is open to female Nigerian undergraduates studying science, technology, engineering, or mathematics-related courses in recognized tertiary institutions across the country.
Is the program fully funded?
Yes, the Women-in-STEM Training Program covers all training-related expenses, including workshops, materials, and resources.
What is the duration of the program?
The program duration varies, but it typically ranges from a few weeks to a few months, depending on the specific training curriculum.
Can participants apply for internships or employment within Nigerian Breweries?
Yes, successful participants may have the opportunity to apply for internships or employment within Nigerian Breweries or its partner organizations.
How can I stay connected with the program alumni network?
Upon completing the program, participants gain access to an exclusive alumni network, which offers ongoing support, networking events, and professional development opportunities.