We are excited to inform you that the MEST Africa Challenge 2022 is officially opened for applications. Applicants can now apply to participate in the Pre-seed to seed stage technology startups in Ghana, Nigeria, Senegal, Kenya, and South Africa.
Applicants are encouraged to apply and participate in the regional competitions which are scheduled to be held in the above mentioned countries in October this year 2022.
Selection will be made and two finalists will be chosen from each country to participate in the final Demo Day Pitch event to be held in Accra, Ghana. The ultimate prize for MEST Africa Challenge 2022 is around $50,000 in equity.
About MEST Africa Challenge 2022
MEST was founded in Ghana in 2008 as the nonprofit arm of the Meltwater Foundation. The foundation is Headquartered in Silicon Valley. The Meltwater is a global leader in media intelligence and Outside Insight.
MEST Africa Challenge is a technology entrepreneur training program, internal seed fund, and network of hubs offering incubation for technology startups in Africa. The MEST Africa Challenge program seeks to provide critical skills training, funding, and support in software development, business, and communications to African tech entrepreneurs.
The MEST Africa Challenge program helps to provide a stage for technology start-ups to raise funding, build industry networks and gain international visibility that would serve them well in growing and expanding their businesses.
How to Apply for the MEST Africa Challenge 2022
Are you Interested and qualified?
- Visit the MEST Africa on vc4a.com to apply
- You can get more details by visiting the MEST website below: https://meltwater.org/the-mest-africa-challenge-is-on-for-2022/
MEST Africa Challenge 2022 Aims and Benefits
Participants of the MEST Africa Challenge would enjoy the following benefits:
- Up to $50,000 funding
- Participants would receive Perk prizes from MEST Strategic Partners
- Global visibility
- The opportunity to Build your networks
- Professional coaching
- Mentorship from experts
- Recipients will have the opportunity to join the global MEST Community for lifetime benefits
Eligibility Criteria for MEST Africa Challenge 2022
- For the Pre-seed or seed stage, the applicant must have raised $100k total or less cumulatively since inception
- Must be Currently generating revenue
- Must be able to show traction in one or more of the five MAC Markets (Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa, Senegal)
- The applicant must have been in operation for 2 years or less
- Must be Tech-enabled (software company)
- Industry agnostic
Application Deadline for MEST Africa Challenge
The last date for application is August 30, 2022.