Mercury Mastercard is a credit card for people with fair credit. This credit card is owned by Mercury Financial but issued by First Bank & Trust and does not require a security deposit.
This article will give you a complete guide on what you need to know about Mercury Credit Card, how to apply, activate the card, make payments, and lots more. So, keep on reading.
If you have a fair credit score, you can qualify for the Mercury Mastercard. This card is also an invite-only card meaning you have to be sent an invitation later from the card issuer before you can apply. As you read on, you will discover the features and benefits of this card.
Features of Mercury Mastercard
Some of the features of the Mercury credit card include:
- The Balance transfer fee of the card is between 4% to 5% of the transferred amount.
- The Credit reporting of the card is done to the three major credit bureaus.
- There is no fraud liability attached to the card. This means that you will not be held responsible for any unauthorized purchases made with your credit card if it gets lost or stolen.
- There is a fee attached to foreign transactions made with the Mercury credit card. A 3% fee is charged for international purchases made with the card.
These are some of the features of this card. You can also use this card to build your credit.
Mercury Mastercard Benefits
Although the interest rates of this credit card are high, you will have no reason to pay these fees if you pay your bills on time and in full. This credit card has some benefits attached to it and it is important you know them.
This will help you determine if it is the best credit card for you. One benefit of this credit card is that it requires no security deposit.
Also, cardholders can manage their accounts and finances online and with the mobile application. This card. In addition to this, cardholders have access to efficient and friendly customer service if they have issues with their credit cards or other services offered by the company. Some cardholders also qualify for rewards with their credit cards.
Mercury Mastercard Pros and Cons
The advantage of being a Mercury cardholder is that it helps you build your credit. In addition to this, there is a mobile application that you can use to check your balance, pay your bills and carry out other transactions.
You can also check your credit score for free with the mobile app. You are also protected from fraud if you are a cardholder.
This card is a Mastercard and you can use it anywhere a Mastercard is accepted to make purchases and carry out other transactions. These are some of the advantages of the card.
However, this card has some disadvantages. It is an Invite only card meaning that you can’t apply for it without getting an invitation from the issuer. Hence, the card is not open to all for application.
Apply for Mercury Mastercard
You can only apply for a Mercury credit card when you are sent an invitation from the issuer. This invitation contains a reservation code that is used for the application process online.
If you have received an invitation to apply for this card, congratulations. As you read on, you will get the guidelines on how to apply for a credit card.
How to Apply for Mercury Mastercard
To Apply for a Mercury Credit card, follow the steps below:
- Open a web browser on your device connected to the internet.
- Enter the URL www.mercuryfinancial.com into the search bar.
- Click on “Mercury Experience” at the top right corner of your display screen.
- Choose “Respond to Offer” from the drop-down menu.
- On the opened page, enter your “Reservation Code”. You can find this code in the invitation letter sent to you.
- Also, provide the last four digits of your “SSN”.
- Click on “SUBMIT” at the bottom of the page.
Follow every other instruction on your screen to confirm your prefilled information, provide any other needed information and complete the process. After agreeing to the terms and conditions, submit your application to complete the process. When your application for the card is approved, you will be mailed the card within 7 to 10 business days.
How To Activate Mercury Credit Card
Just like any other credit card, you can’t use the Mercury Credit card until it has been activated. If you are a new cardholder, you can activate your Mercury card online with the steps below:
- Go to www.mercuryfinancial.com with a device connected to the internet.
- Navigate to “Mercury Experience” and choose “Activate Card” under the drop-down menu.
- Provide your “New Card Number”, the last four digits of your “SSN” and “Your birth month and year”.
Follow all other instructions on your screen to complete the card activation process. When you activate your card, you can use it to make purchases and collect cash advances.
How to Sign Up for a Mercury Credit Card Account
If you are a new cardholder, you can register your Mercury Credit card for online access with the steps below:
- Visit the credit card page with the URL www.mercurycards.com
- Click on “Sign In” at the top of the web page and choose “Credit Card”’.
- Choose “Register for Online Access”.
- Enter your “Card or Account Number”, the Last Digits of your “SSN” and your birth month and year.
Click on “Proceed” to finish the account sign-up process.
Mercury Mastercard Login
Your Mercury account allows you to manage your credit card from the comfort of your home or office. You can log in at any time to pay your bills, set up automatic payments, redeem your rewards and carry out other transactions. To learn how to log in to your account, keep on reading.
How to Login to your Mercury Mastercard Account
To access your account online, follow the steps below:
- With your internet-enabled device, enter the URL www.mercurycards.com
- Select “Credit Card” under “Sign In” at the top of the page.
- Provide your login details such as your “Username” and “Password”.
- Click on “SUBMIT” at the bottom of the page.
With this, you will be able to access your account on the website. You can click on “Forgot Username or Password?” to recover any of your forgotten login details.
What are the Requirements for Getting a Mercury Credit Card?
To get this card, you need to have a good credit profile and a fair credit score. Also, you need to be a resident of the United States and possess a valid Social Security Number. Applicants should also be at least 18 years of age to qualify for the card.
Does Mercury Mastercard Give Credit Increases?
Mercury Financial can give credit limit increase to cardholders who are eligible. From time to time, your account will be increased to see if you qualify for a credit limit increase. If you qualify for an increase, you will be notified by the credit card issuer.
How Do I Pay my Mercury Credit Card Bills?
Payments can be made when you log in to your account on the Mercury cardholder’s portal or with the Mercury credit card app. For each billing period, you must pay at least a minimum of the payment due on the due date. Late payment or returned payment fee may be charged to your account also.