MagicBand Plus wearable by Disneyland is set to arrive on October 26. With this wearable, there’s a ton load of things you can do such as linking it to your park tickets, Photopass photos and lightning lane passes.
MagicBand Plus Wearable by Disneyland Is Set To Arrive On October 26
Disney has just recently revealed the launch date of the MagicBand Plus in the Disneyland and California Adventure parks. Guests starting from October 26 will be able to buy one and make use of it as their park entry ticket and also link their lightning lane passes and Photopass photos to it.
If on the other hand, you are a Disney Vacation Club member, Magic key holder, or Disney cast member then you can get the MagicBand Plus earlier than others. You will be able to buy one of the wearables from October 19 and then try it out in the parks.
How the MagicBand Plus Wearable Works
The MagicBand Plus will vibrate, pulsate and glow just in time to the music and fireworks during the World of Color event at California Adventure and Fantasmic at Disneyland and it will also be compatible with the new nighttime speculators that are launching as part of Disney 100 Years of Wonder celebration also known as Disney100 that is set to kick off in January.
You should also know that Over in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge guests can also make use of the wearable “to seek virtual bounties hidden across Black Spire Outpost in the Star Wars: Batuu Bounty Hunters interactive quest.”
As of now, there is still no word on when the MagicBand can be used to pay for merchandise and dining at Disneyland or even as a Disney hotel room key, both of which of course are capabilities of the Disney World version.
How You Can Purchase a MagicBand Plus
Below are some of the places and mediums in which you can purchase the MagicBand Plus wearable.
- Disneyland: tomorrow landing, Emporium, Pioneer Mercantile.
- Downtown Disney: Disney’s Pin Traders, World of Disney.
- California Adventure: Oswald’s, Seaside Souvenirs, Trolley Treats, Elias & co.
- Disneyland Resorts: Mickey in Paradise (Paradise Pier Hotel), Disney’s Fantasia Shop (Disneyland Hotel), Acorns Gifts & Goods (Disneyland’s Grand California Resort).
How To Set Up Your MagicBand Plus Wearable
After you have purchased a MagicBand Plus wearable, here are the steps to set it up successfully;
- First, you will have to turn the device on by pressing the button on the back just once.
- Next, tap the band on the back of your phone.
- Open the Disneyland app if you have one or download it if you don’t.
- Read and follow carefully the instructions that are provided by the app in order to link your wearable to your Disney account and also pair it with your ticket and phone.