Lund University Global Scholarship 2022/2023 For Bachelor’s & Master’s Studies is now open to applications from interested candidates. this scholarship is targeted toward high achieving students from across the globe.
The Global Scholarship programme is selective, competitive and merit-based.
About Global Scholarship at Lund University
The worth of Lund University Global Scholarship programme is approximately SEK 18 million (€1.7 million / US $1.8 million) and this is usually awarded in each scholarship grant every year.
The Global Scholarship is a selective, merit-based scholarship that recognises top academic students from outside the EU/EEA.
Lund University is among the top 100 universities, it is ranked in the top 0.4% of universities in the world, no wonder it has attracted high achieving students from across the globe over the years.
Lund University Global Scholarship recipients have a proven record of achieving consistently high grades in their previous studies and are assessed as being a good fit for our programmes.
Benefit of Lund University Global Scholarship
- The Global Scholarship grants may cover partial or up to the full tuition fee.
- The scholarship percentage awarded depends on the budget available to the programme/faculty.
- Note that the Global scholarships are toward tuition fees only and that living costs are not covered.
- All Scholarship recipients are expected to fund their living costs, as per the requirements of the Swedish Migration Agency.
Who’s Eligible To Apply For Lund University Global Scholarship
In other to be eligible to apply for the Global Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- To be eligible, applicants must be citizens of a country outside the EU/EEA (and Switzerland) and are required to pay a tuition fee
- It is expected for applicants to complete an application for Bachelor’s or Master’s level studies at Lund University in a regular application round for a minimum of one semester of study (30 ECTS).
- Priority is given to students who have ranked a programme at Lund University as the first choice in their application at universityadmissions.se.
- Current students studying at Lund University should refer to the information about scholarships for current students.
Do not apply if:
- The admission requirements to Lund University are not met
- You’re yet to select a Lund University programme/course as your first choice/choices at universityadmissions.se
- If You are unable to secure the necessary fund needed to cover living costs, as required by the Swedish Migration Agency
How To Apply For The Global Scholarship At Lund University
In applying for Lund University Global Scholarship:
- You are required to have applied to the programme(s) or free-standing course(s) you wish to study at Lund University via the online, national application website: universityadmissions.se
- Upon submitting a complete application to a degree programme or free-standing courses of at least 30 ECTS credits, you will need to pay the application fee to be able to apply for the scholarship.
During the online scholarship application, you need to upload the following documents:
- Scholarship motivation letter of 600 words in the scholarship application portal.
- The motivation letter should explain why your academic performance and reasons for applying to Lund University make you a suitable potential recipient for a Lund University Global Scholarship.
- Lund University Global Scholarship can only be applied for the programmes or courses you have selected at Lund University in a specific application round.
- You can possibly apply to other scholarships, for example, the Swedish Institute scholarships, in addition.
- The selection criteria for this scholarship are based on academic merits, it is undertaken in parallel with the programme/course selection process.
- Special predereny will be given to students with high academic performance, who are assessed as a good fit for the programme, who demonstrate a strong commitment and desire to study at Lund University
- They’re also expected to have selected a programme/course at Lund University as their first choice/choices when applying at www.universityadmissions.se.
- Also, just as the scholarship is merit-based only, there is no consideration taken of the students’ financial needs in the selection process.
and these are the process that you need to follow if you must be selected. this is something you don’t want to miss out on, trust me.