An EBT (Electronic Benefits Transfer) card is a card that is issued to an individual or household that met the criteria for the food stamps benefit or SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program). The EBT card is a plastic card that looks like the normal debit card we use to withdraw money, but it is instead used to purchase food and food items. The card is used to distribute public assistance benefits. The Louisiana EBT card is also known as the Louisiana Purchase card is to give out the benefits of food stamps (SNAP benefits). Once you are qualified and accorded your food stamps, you will receive your benefits every month on the Louisiana EBT card till the time for the benefit ends. This means the EBT card can be used to access the food stamp benefit given to you pending the certification period.
Louisiana EBT Card Guide
The food stamp benefits (SNAP) is a program that is used to render assistance to families with low income to help them to buy food needed for good health and a healthy diet. The food stamp is used to purchase food from most grocery stores some retail stores and some selected farmers market that accept EBT cards as not all stores accept the payment with the card. The EBT card comes with a certain amount of money on it to make the payment of the food bought. The amount you receive every month on the card solely depends on the income received by a household both earned and unearned, the number of people who live in the house receiving the benefits, and the place you live matters.
Citizenship Guide for the Louisiana EBT Card
If you are a citizen of the U.S. and meet the criteria for the food stamp benefit you might get the benefit of the stamp. Even so, if you also reside in the United States but you are not a citizen of the United States, you can apply if you or any member of your household meets at least one of the following guidelines for immigrants with legal documents;
- If your child is under 18, no matter the time the child entered the United States.
- Also, if you have been living in the United States for at least five years and above.
- If you or a member of your family has disability-related assistance or benefits, not minding the time you entered the United States.
Above are some of the Citizenship guide for the Louisiana EBT card.
Documents Required For the Food Stamp Benefits (EBT Card)
There are documents needed from you when applying for the food stamps benefits, they listed below;
- Documents that show the number of people living in a household
- A Document showing your original house address
- Documents that give an estimation of the household expenses
- Documents showing the costs of medical
- Your Social Security Receipts
- The proof of your age
And finally, the proof of all income and resources entering your household.
How to Apply For Food Stamp Benefits (EBT Card)
Below are the methods you can apply for the food stamp benefit;
- You can apply online which is the easiest way via this link; https://sspweb.ie.dcfs.la.gov/selfservice/.
- You can also apply in person through any of the local offices near you. For more about this method visit this link; http://www.dss.louisiana.gov/directory.
On a final note, you can only use your EBT card to purchase food and food items. Anything prohibited should not be bought with your food stamp benefit to avoid problems with the authorities or getting banned from making use of or applying for the EBT card. For more information on the EBT card (food stamp benefits) simply visit this link; https://www.freshebt.com/state/louisiana/.