You must be wondering how you can link PayPal to Google pay. Well, although you can already use your PayPal account to make purchases through Google pay.
Google and PayPal are extending their partnership to allow users to use their PayPal account to pay for things across Google like YouTube, Gmail, and the Google Store.
Link PayPal to Google Pay
Once you have added your PayPal account to Google pay you will see it as a payment option whenever you use Google service to buy something. You can also set PayPal as your default payment with the service so that all your Google purchases would come from your PayPal account rather than a credit or debit card.
How to Link PayPal to Google Pay
If you link your PayPal account to Google pay you will not have to keep signing in to PayPal every time you want to make a transaction.
- First of all launch the Google pay app and taps the cards tab at the bottom of the page.
- Tap on the plus button at the bottom left corner.
- Then select “add other payment method and select PayPal.
- Now tap on it and follow the on-screen instructions to link your PayPal account.
As part of the process, you will be asked to create a four-digit pin number which you will use to verify your purchases. Here PayPal will also ask you to set up a backup form of payment in case you need to top up.
How to Link PayPal to Google Pay on Mobile
This process is easy and quick and you just need to know the phone number and email address associated with your PayPal account.
- Open the Google pay app on your android or iOS device.
- Toggle over to the payment tab.
- Tap on the plus button payment method
- On the options that appear tap on PayPal.
- Enter your PayPal email address. Your phone number will auto-fill.
- Tap on allow to confirm your PayPal information.
- Now tap on accept to add PayPal to your Google pay account.
You have successfully linked PayPal to Google pay and quickly pay for your favorite apps, movies, music, books, and more while keeping your personal information secure during PayPal checkout.
How to Transfer from Google Pay to PayPal
Since Google and PayPal are different independent companies and have different ways of making payments a direct transfer is not possible. So to be able to make a transfer you will have to introduce a bank account. Transfer the money to your bank account linked to Google pay and you can use the money for making payments by using a debit card linked to the bank account.
How to Pay With PayPal in Stores Using Google Pay
Google Pay is a digital wallet you can keep on your phone and use to pay for products online. When you link PayPal to Google pay, you can check out with PayPal through Google pay where you see the Google pay or PayPal logos. To use PayPal in a store with Google pay, all you have to do is unlock your phone and hold the back of your phone to the payment screen for several seconds. You do not need to open the Google pay app and enter your pin if prompted.
How to Create a PayPal Account
To be able to link your PayPal account to Google pay you will need a PayPal account. If you do not have a PayPal account you will have to create one. The account you will have to create will need to be a PayPal business account.
- Open the mobile app in your device or visit the website https://www.paypal.com/.
- Click on sign up for free or tap on sign up in the app.
- Enter a valid email address and create a super-strong password that you can easily remember.
- Fill out your personal details in the form and make sure they are your legal details.
- Enter your credit or debit card but you can skip it if you do not have them with you.
- Enter your bank account information. Also, you can skip it but you must add a bank account if you would want to withdraw funds.
- You will be asked to apply for credit. You can skip this option but if you want to apply to make sure to read the terms.
Click on no thanks to skip the option and you will be taken to your account summary. Having created your PayPal account now is able to link both accounts.