Call for application, for Jacobs Foundation Research Fellowship 2023 Program for PhD Students Globally
The Jacobs Foundation Research Fellowship Is a Global Fellowship Program designed to Promote Research on Child and Youth Development. The Program is a globally competitive fellowship for early and mid-career researchers whose work is dedicated to improving the learning and development of children and youth worldwide.
Jacobs Foundation Research Fellowship for PhD Students
The research fellowship is open to students with the following disciplines; education sciences, psychology, economics, sociology, behavioral science, computer science, pedagogy, linguistics, neurosciences, and science of learning.
The Global fellowship program is specifically inviting scholars who seek to combine multiple levels of analysis and engage in interdisciplinary work. The program will focus on work to understand and embrace variability in learning; promote the generation, transfer, and practical application of evidence on human learning and development.
Summary of Jacobs Foundation Research Fellowship Program
- Type: Postgraduate
- Organization: Jacobs Foundation
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application status: Open
- Application Deadline: January 15, 2023, 23.59 CET
About Jacobs Foundation
Founded in 1989 by Klaus J. Jacobs and his family, the Jacobs Foundation seeks to benefit future generations by providing children and young people with better opportunities for development, so that they can become productive and socially responsible members of society.
The Foundation aims to become the key organization that links excellent research with improving, globally, the development of children and young people under the age of 12. It focuses on effective implementation, dialogue and advocacy in the three thematic priorities Science of Learning, Early Childhood Development, and Rural Livelihoods.
Jacobs Foundation has established a worldwide network of the most talented people in child and youth development, linking researchers, social entrepreneurs, journalists, practitioners, and politicians.
Benefits of Jacobs Foundation Research Fellowship Program 2023
The fellowship offers a funding amount of up to CHF 150,000. Fellows will also be provided with independent and competitive funding, plus a wide range of non-financial benefits.
How to Apply for Jacobs Foundation Research Fellowship Program 2023
- Visit Jacobs Foundation on jacobsfoundation.spigit.com to apply
- About three additional documents will be submitted:
- Documents to be uploaded in connection with the application form include;
CV (including a list of the candidate’s scientific publications)
Published scientific paper
- The document below to be sent separately to the Jacobs Foundation:
A recommendation letter from a senior researcher, describing his/her qualifications, initiative, and research. To be sent directly to [email protected]
- For more details, visit Jacobs Foundation website at: https://jacobsfoundation.spigit.com/2023applications/Page/About
Note: The Recommendation letters must be sent by January 15, 2023, 23.59 CET and all Incomplete applications not submitted via the online application form will not be considered.
Eligibility Criteria for Jacobs Foundation Research Fellowship Program Qualification
To be eligible, the ideal candidate is expected to have:
- Secured a PhD or equivalent degree within the past 10 years;
- Been employed at an institution of higher education or research institute;
- To be conducting high-quality research in an area of interest to the Jacobs Foundation;
- Applicants must be committed to engaging with the Jacobs Foundation and the Fellowship Network and contributing to the Foundation’s activities.
Selection Criteria for Jacobs Foundation Research Fellowship Program
The following selection criteria for the research fellowship program are weighted equally:
- Previous research accomplishments and publication record
- Applicant’s creativity and potential for serving as a leader in the scientific community
- Scientific quality of methods and data
- Ability to promote human development and learning
- Projects alignment with the goals of the Jacobs Foundation
- Readiness and willingness to support Jacobs Foundation’s aims
Documents Required for Application
- Curriculum vitae showing a list of the candidate’s scientific publications
- The Candidate’s published scientific paper
- A recommendation letter from a senior researcher, showing supports to the candidate and describing his/her qualifications, initiative, and research.
January 15, 2023