What can we expect from the iOS 15, and what can it offer? While iOS 15 was announced at WWDC 2021 in June, it’s been through significant changes before its official release later today. Apple is focusing this update on three aspects – staying connected, finding focus with productivity, and privacy.
Some of iOS 15’s highlights include many improved notifications, a new design in Safari, updated versions of Maps, Photos, and Weather, and even the ability to store your driver’s license in Apple Wallet. Another key new feature is SharePlay, which lets you share content with friends over FaceTime calls.
IOS 15: What We Can Expect
Apple in June 2021 introduced the latest version of its iOS operating system, iOS 15, which was released on September 20. In the latest version of iOS, Apple has invested more in features compared to cosmetic changes.
With that, Safari now offers a simpler method of navigation, and we have a better way to handle distractions via Focus Mode, while FaceTime now allows broader access for those who do not own an Apple device.
Notifications have been redesigned in iOS 15, adding contact photos for people and larger icons for apps. To reduce distraction, a notification summary collects notifications together for delivery at an appropriate time and arranges notifications by priority.
IOS 15 Release Date
IOS 15 New Features
Below are some of the newly added features;
- Redesigned notifications
- “Focus” for reducing distractions
- Spatial Audio and SharePlay in FaceTime calls
- Text recognition in images
- ID cards in the Wallet app
- Added privacy features
- Safari, Maps, Weather, and Notes app redesigns
The above are lists of some added features to the iPhone 13.
IOS 15 Supported Devices
Here’s the list of supported devices according to Apple:
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone SE (original model)
- iPod Touch (seventh-generation)
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone X
- iPhone XR
- iPhone Xs
- iPhone Xs Max
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone SE (2020)
- iPhone 12 mini
- iPhone 12
- iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone 12 Pro Max
How to Download and Install IOS 15 on Your iPhone
Updating the operating system on your iPhone will be done Over-the-Air (OTA), meaning you only need an Internet connection to receive the update file. With that been said follow the steps below;
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Navigate to the General option.
- Click Software Update. The system will search for any available updates.
- In the event where an update is now available, relevant update information will appear on the device screen. Click on the Download and Install
- After downloading the latest version, click Install Now.
- When you reboot, your iPhone will be updated to iOS 15.
The update will only be installed once the device is restarted. For this, the iPhone must have at least 50% battery life remaining or be connected to a charger. Happy downloading. You can get more details from this link.