This article would be giving you details on how to make use of quick settings on windows 11. The content cover what all the available options are used for, how to edit what you see in the menu, and in which ways it’s both useful and limited.
How to Use the Quick Settings Menu on Windows 11
Below we would go over all of what the quick settings menu can do in this page, but first, let us start with opening it. And use it for something simple like turning on Bluetooth on and off.
- To open the quick settings icon, select the network, volume, or battery icon located next to the clock found on the taskbar. Also, you can use the windows key + A shortcut, or if you are on a touchscreen, swipe up from the lower right bottom of the screen.
- After that, select the Bluetooth icon and then turn it on or off.
The not connected messages can be seen directly under the toggle when Bluetooth is on but is not actively connected to a device. This has been replaced by the device’s name when it is connected to your computer.
- Select the arrow icon located right next to the toggle in other to view the available Bluetooth devices. Also, you should be able to see the estimated battery life remaining on your devices.
- Not all toggle come in the shape of an arrow because some of them are just simple on/off switches.
- Select a device directly from this list to get it connected. Devices that you have already paired are separated from ones that are not yet paired.
- Or, if you are connected currently, select it to find the disconnect button to stop making use of the device
- In other to close out of the quick settings, select anywhere outside the panel or use the WIN+A shortcut.
Everything Quick Settings Can Do
There are several settings shortcuts that are available on this menu. Some of them are present only if your devices run out of battery entirely. Below are some primary toggles, they include:
- Wi-Fi: Select a network that you would like to connect to, or turn Wi-Fi on or Off
- Bluetooth: You can choose a device to connect it to, or turn it on or off
- Airplane Mode: via the quick settings, you can toggle Airplane Mode on or off
- Accessibility: Access magnifier, narrator, color filters, mono audio, sticky keys, and live captions.
- Cast: Show your screen on a much different display
- Mobile Hotspot: Share your internet connection with nearby devices
- Night light: When it has been turned on, this shows warmer colors at night that are much easier on your eyes.
- Nearby Sharing: Share files and website links over Bluetooth or Wi-Fi
- Project: you can decide to make use of extra displays, like duplicate or extend from the primary display
- Rotation Lock: Allow or prevent your screen from rotating with the device
How to Edit Quick Settings Panel
You can choose to hide the toggles that you do not want to see, add new ones you do want to see, and reorganize the panel according to your preference.
- With the quick settings open, you can select the pencil icon at the bottom. Or, then right-click on anywhere you would like to click on the menu and then select edit quick settings.
- You can select “pin” next to any toggle to instantly hide it. Or you can choose to “add” to see what else is available to include in quick settings.
- In other to change how everything would appear, “select and drag” one of the toggles. If prefer to have an airplane mode option on the bottom, let’s say, just drag it down and then let it go.
- Select “Done” when you have finished to save and exit.
How do I change my Quick Access Settings in Windows 10?
In other to add something to quick access, locate the file or folder in file explorer and then right-click it, then you can select “Pin to Quick access” from the drop-down menu. To take out something, right-click on it and then select “remove from quick access”. If you want to adjust the viewing options so that only pinned items appear, select “view” > “options” > “Privacy” and turn off the options for recently used files and recently viewed folders.
How do I Turn on Quick Action in Windows 11?
You can make use of the cursor to click on the (battery, network, or volume) icon on the right end of the taskbar or press the Windows logo key + A key on the keyboard to launch the quick settings panel. Click the action in the quick settings panel to turn on/off this feature quickly.
Can Windows 11 Run Android Apps?
On Windows 11, the windows subsystem for Android is a platform that lets you run Android apps on your laptop or desktop alongside windows apps.
Can I Install Google Play on Windows 11?
You run your Android apps natively on windows 11 via the windows subsystem for Android (WSA); however, it has its limitations. The latest OS is only natively supported by Amazon’s Appstore and not Google Play Store. And While sideloading Android apps seems to be an option, anything that needs Google Play Services would not work.
Also Read: Best Law Schools in the World 2022