Do you know how to make use of nearby friends on Facebook? I bet you don’t know. So many Facebook account holders don’t even know that such a feature like this exists within the Facebook space.
How to Use Nearby Friends on Facebook
Facebook nearby friends is one of the personalized features on the social media platform. This very feature allows you and your friends to share locations with one another, it is that simple!
On the Facebook platform, know that when you turn on nearby friends, you are also turning on location history. And you should also know that for some location features on Facebook such as nearby friends to function properly on Facebook, location history must be turned on.
How to Access Facebook nearby Friends Feature
Accessing the nearby friends feature on Facebook is easy. I mean, anyone can access this very feature but only if they know how to. The feature however is only available on iOS and Android devices. This simply means that the feature as at the time of this writing is not yet available on desktop and computer devices.
Steps to Turn On Nearby Friends On or Off On Facebook
Just as mentioned already, this is easy, but only if you know how to. And remember, the feature can only be accessed and made use of in the Facebook mobile app. It is not yet available for desktop and computer devices. To do this, follow the steps below;
To turn nearby friends on or off using the Facebook for Android app;
- Firstly, turn on location services and background location on your device
- Next, tap the hamburger icon in the top right corner of your screen
- Tap the nearby friend’s icon and tap the toggle icon next to your name to turn nearby friends on
- Tap the toggle icon once again next to your name to pause or turn off nearby friends
To turn nearby friends on or off using the Facebook app for iOS devices;
- You will firstly have to turn on location services and then set location access to always
- Tap the hamburger icon in the bottom right and select the nearby friend’s icon. You may need to tap the see more option first to see this
- Select the three-dotted icon next to your name in the top right corner of your screen
- Select the settings icon and tap the toggle icon to turn nearby friends on, or you can tap the toggle icon again to turn it off