How to Use Facebook Without Messenger. Back then in 2014, Facebook users knew that the Facebook app used to have a frank messaging system. Currently, users who want to exchange messages with someone have to download and install the Facebook messenger app.
Indeed, users don’t want to download another app just to have conversations on Facebook. But there is still a way to you can message a friend without using the messenger app at all. The following are ways to send messages without using the messenger app:
You Can Send Message Using a Web Browser on Your PC
Sending messages on Facebook using your computer’s web browser is easy than using a mobile browser. Messaging system for PC users doesn’t need them to have the messenger installed at all.
The following are procedures to message from PC:
- Head to the Facebook website with your browser open
- Log in and click on the Messages button in the menu bar
- Click on the person you want to contact, and then send your message
You Can Send Messages Using a Mobile Browser
Without the Messager app, you can use a mobile browser to message your friends. Doe the process is much slower, and it requires you to wait for each page to open. To send a message without downloading the Messager app, you can do this:
- Lead the official Facebook website after opening your browser
- Log in and choose the conversations tab found at the top of your timeline
- You will be directed to the Google Play Store to get Messenger automatically
- Visit the Recent Apps and choose if you are using Android. iOS users should press the home button to go back to Facebook.
- Enter your messenger and press the X when Facebook tells you to download messenger again
- You will be taken to the app store the moment you click on someone name
- Repeat step 4 until Facebook stops sending you to the store
- You can now send your message
- For this method to work, you have to uninstall the messenger app
Messaging With the SMS Service
To send a message using the SMS services, here are steps to take in order to send a message to someone:
- Open your SMS app on your phone and compose the message you want to send
- Structure your message using the following format: msg<name of your friend><your message>
- Send the message to 15666 and your friend will see it in his inbox.
- This step is preferable because it works much faster
How to Use Facebook Without Messenger – Messaging Through Third-Party Apps
There is a 3rd party app that you can use to send messages on Facebook, without making use of the official Facebook messenger. For instance, you can use friendly.
It’s an iOS app that makes it possible to message people on Facebook the old ways, as though messengers were never released. Also, Android users can download lit messenger, it also offers some benefits as friendly.
Send Messages Using Facebook SMS Service
You can use this method only when sending messages from the same phone number you entered when creating your Facebook account.
The following are ways to send messages without the app:
- Open the SMS app on your phone.
- Type “FB” in the message field and type in “15666” where it says “Send to.
- Facebook will send you a text with an activation code.
- Open and log into your Facebook account from a PC.
- Select “Settings” from the menu bar.
- Search for the “Mobile” option on the left side and select it.
- Once the “Mobile Settings” page opens, look for the option that says “Already received a confirmation code?” and type in the code you received.
- Complete the process, and now your Facebook SMS Service is up a running.