In this article, I would be giving you details on How to Set up Internet Parental Controls. Being a parent often means you are in charge of your kids. You have set internet parental controls on the router in order to avoid misuse. You could also know about stopping access to certain sites from the router.
What to Know
There are things that you should note about internet parental controls:
- On a browser, log in to the router’s admin console.
- Then select the parental controls.
- Then click on website filtering.
- Then create an access policy to be able to block specific sites.
- There are some routers that provide scheduled blocking.
Note: With the aid of schedule blocking, you can block a site between certain hours.
How to Stop Access to a Particular Site
To be able to block access to a particular site, this step would aid you through, this is for the option of when you are using your router. Follow me:
- First, you log in to your router’s administrative console from the browser.
- Then navigate to the access restriction or parental controls option.
- Then search for the section called Website Blocking By URL Address, Website Filtering.
- You would need to create an access policy to block the specific site you don’t want your child to visit.
- The next step is to outline the access policy by entering the descriptive title.
- In the website or Website Blocking by URL Address, you type in the website you choose to block.
- You click on save or Add.
How to Log in to your Router’s Administrative Console
In order to log in to your router’s administrative console. On your browser search bar, you enter routerlogin.net in your browser’s address bar. Another opinion is to input 192.168.0.1 into the search bar in order to access the login screen. The next step is for you to know that the username is always “admin” and the password would either be “password” or “1234”. This option is for if you are using an old device.
Set up Parental Controls on your Router
To be able to set up, you have to do the following:
- Access your router’s settings.
- Using an app.
- Using your online provider account.
How to put Parental Control on Wi-fi
It is possible to place parental control on a wi-fi connection. You would need to log in to your router in order to change your network name and password. (You know once you change the network name and the password, those who have connected before, would automatically lose connection). Then once you logged in you check for the option for parental controls or access restrictions.
Note: Not all routers have the same options and the location of these options differs with the router you are using.
Tips to Protect your Child from Inappropriate Internet Content
There are a few tips for protecting your kids from improper internet content. these tips are very useful, and would really be helpful to you.
- Try interacting with your children about the activities they read, watch and communicate with online.
- Try to monitor your children’s devices whenever they are online. Keep every device that they use to access the internet in an open space in order to monitor them properly.
- Discover more about parental controls.
- The company your children keep could determine some of their attitudes, so it is important to also know their friends online.
- You should give your children an orientation about what they share on the internet. They should know that the internet is a wide place and it is not a place they share everything. But if they choose to share something on the internet, they should share it with those they know and trust.
- Orient your children on keeping their location private and not open to everyone. This is essential due to security purposes.
- The last one on the tips is this: We know that kids tend to learn from what they see around them. So as parents and guardians, try not to always be on your phone so you could be able to correct your children when they spend too much time on their devices.
How do I set parental controls on my internet?
In order to restrict the use of the internet browser:
- Go to your settings, and go to the security settings.
- Under the security settings, you choose the internet browser start control.
- After choosing the internet browser start control, you click on the X button.
- Then you enter your 4-digit password.
- Select On if you want to have the internet browser start control enabled.
What Sites should parents block?
There are some sites parents should block that are not healthy for their children:
How do I restrict internet access on my child’s iPhone?
In order to restrict your child’s internet access, you have to go to settings. On your settings, then click tap content and privacy restrictions. Enter your screen time passcode > click on content restrictions > tap web content > select unrestricted access to limit adult websites or allowed websites.
How do I restrict wi-fi access on my iPhone?
Under the settings, you navigate to screen time, click on content and privacy restrictions and turn on content and privacy restrictions. Then choose what you would love to restrict.
How to turn off the internet for certain apps?
Go to your android network settings, then tap on data usage. After that, you tap on the network access. When you open the network access, you would see a list of all your installed apps and the signs to know their access to data or wi-fi. To block the app from internet access you uncheck the box located at the side of the app.