Are you interested in How to Set up a Homepod Mini? There is nothing like when you listen to songs with cool devices especially indoors. Feeling the beats of the song with the right speakers is one of the greatest feelings In the world.
Well, Apple thought that and brought up the idea of the device that gives a way to control your day with the right music and the right device.
Things to Consider
There are some features or information you have to consider before setting up the Homepod mini or before getting it. Homepod mini does not work with Mac devices but with iPhone or iPad devices.
- To be able to pair your Homepod mini, your iPhone needs to be running the latest version of iOS or iPadOS.
- Next, your iPhone needs the Home and Apple Music apps. Download them from the App store if you don’t have any.
- Go to the two-factor authentication in the setting to turn it on. Navigate to the settings > Your Name > password and security.
- Turn on iCloud KeyChain in settings > Your Name > iCloud.
- Sign in to iCloud if you just added accessories to the Home app. You can sign in with your Apple ID which matches your homeowner ID. Make sure that you are connected to the same Wi-fi network you use to connect the other accessories.
Setting up the HomePod mini Using Your iPhone or iPad
Setting up your HomePod is instant, easy, and most of all stressless. To set up your HomePod mini, you use your iPhone or iPad. On your screen, you click on Set Up. To finish up your pairing you center the Homepod mini in the viewfinder. Starting up you have to place the Homepod mini on a solid surface at least 15cm around it.
Follow the steps below:
- Connect the HomePod mini to a power source. If you see a small and pulsing white light then it is charging.
- Next is to hold the iPhone and close the Homepod mini until you see a pop notification to set up the Homepod mini to your iPhone.
- Place the Homepod mini on your iPhone to complete the pairing. But if you using this method does not work, you have to input the password manually with Siri responding with a four-digit password to complete the set-up of the homepod mini.
- You would see other instructions, ensure to follow them to have your homepod mini connected to your iPhone. You have to tap Done to fully complete the pairing.
Using Siri with your HomePod
You can use Siri to control your HomePod. With Siri, you can play your choice of Apple Music or how play audio using your iPhone or iPad. To enjoy your HomePod you can check the user guide or set up voice recognition to enjoy other features. One disadvantage of Siri is that the features on Siri differ by Country or Region.
Things to Consider Before Setting up Voice Recognition
Before you set up voice recognition, you know some information first, which are:
- If there is a new user, he or she has to have their own iPhone or iPad with their own Apple ID.
- Next updates, you have to update the software to the latest software both for your Homepod mini and the iPhone or iPad.
- Then you invite the new user to your home in the Home app.
How to Set up Voice Recognition
To be able to set up your voice recognition, you have to follow the following steps:
- Navigate to Settings, and under settings. Search for Siri & Search. Turn on the option “Listen for “Hey Siri”.
- Under settings also, look for “Your Name”. Find My to be able to turn on Share My Location.
- Go to the Home app, then click on the more icon with three dots horizontally. After tapping on the icon, check for the user profile.
- After seeing the user profile, turn on the following:
- Recognise My Voice: This is to allow Siri to know your name, to be able to access your music library, your playlists, your apple music account, and other music streaming services, and to be able to control secure accessories from HomePod.
- Personal Requests: You use the Homepod to be able to send and read messages, make phone calls, check calendars, and other tasks you choose to use Your HomePod for.
What happens when Siri does not recognize you, then you have to reset “recognize your voice”. In other to do that you have to go to the Home app, click on the more button > Click on the Home settings > Then click on your name on the list of names available > Afterwards you turn off “recognize my voice”.
After the above procedure, you restart your iPhone or iPad, then your restart your HomePod mini or HomePod. Then set up “Hey Siri” again and follow every onscreen instruction to teach Siri your voice. If you happen to have two Apple IDs then you have turned off “recognize my voice” in one of the Apple IDs.
How do I connect my HomePod mini to Wi-Fi?
Your HomePod mini connects automatically to the same Wi-Fi network as your iPhone or iPad. To know the Wi-Fi signal, you go to the Home app on your iPhone or iPad and tap on HomePod. Scroll through and tap your Wi-Fi address. You would see the Wi-Fi signal strength that is located next to the Wi-Fi name.
Is HomePod mini easy to set up?
It is easy to set up your Homepod mini to carry out daily activities. This is because the speaker combines so well with the iPhone. If you decide to switch from a basic home to a smart home, you would love to get a few HomePod minis.
Is the HomePod mini using Wi-Fi or Bluetooth?
Yes, the HomePod mini uses Wi-Fi and Bluetooth but it differs with the type. HomePod supports 802.11n Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 5.0. and it supports low-power thread networking technology which is a secure, mesh-based system that is designed to connect Internet of Things devices. HomePod mini’s Thread support is limited to HomeKit devices so it cannot be used cross-platform.
Does the HomePod mini have to be Plugged in all the time?
Yes, as long it is working and functioning, then it has to be plugged in at all times. This is because HomePod does not have batteries. So they have to be plugged in to function.
How do I use the HomePod Mini as a Speaker?
If you are on a call and you want to do another activity and you cannot take your phone around, then all you have to connect your call to your HomePod mini. Tap on the audio option on the call interface and you would see HomePod. When you see the top of the HomePod turn green, your call could be heard from the HomePod.