Looking for ways on how to sell books on Facebook, well guess what you are covered as this article will give you details on how to go about it. Facebook was once again named the most popular social media platform in 2018 and authors are taking advantage of the vast audience on the platform to get their books in the hands of more readers.
In fall 2016, Facebook rolled out page templates so you can tailor your Facebook author page content to best suit your audience’s needs. No wonder it’s one of the best platforms to sell books.
Whether you’re an author, a marketer at a publishing house, a publicist, or anyone else looking to sell books, there’s a wide array of book marketing tactics you can use to amplify a book’s exposure and reach more readers.
How to Sell Books on Facebook
When searching for ways on how to sell books on Facebook, some of these ideas can help directly increase book sales, while others may help expand your platform, which can lead to future sales. Not all of these ideas will be applicable all the time, and we encourage you to consider the impact each might have before deciding where to invest your time.
A much better, long-lasting, and more cost-effective strategy to take to sell books on Facebook is to build Likes for your Facebook Page. Then set up your Facebook Shop tab to sell your books directly to your followers. By taking these two actions, you can steadily build a following for your page and have your books available with a single buy click for your Facebook book readers.
Why Facebook Marketing?
Folks at Facebook are rolling out varying useful marketing channels and tools to help anyone leverage the vast number of user data and information available at the disposal of Facebook in which there has never been a laser targeted advertising and marketing channel in today’s world other than Facebook Ads Marketing.
Stunning Facebook Ads Ideas Your Book Readers Will Love
Below are some amazing ideas on how to place your advert on Facebook to captivate your audience attention;
- First and foremost highlight your amazing book cover; Design Hill states that “Book cover is the first impression that a book creates on its potential readers. A book cover design is one of the most critical aspects of marketing a book. If the cover is unprofessional, you’re guaranteed to lose sales.”
- Host a book (series) giveaway; As a reader myself, I can tell you that there’s nothing more exciting than having your favorite author’s book series all at once. Host a book giveaway or a fan favorite book series. Instead of waiting to buy the next book, your readers can go on a reading binge.
- Offer a free book or chapter; this marketing technique may be old, but it’s proven to work every single time. You take a small bite or sip, and the next thing you know, you’re buying the same thing you sampled a minute ago.
- Share your reader’s review; No amount of ad copy can convince a customer to purchase your book quicker than customer reviews. If you think about customers, trust what strangers have to say about your product than anyone else.
- Create a video advertising the book; in 2020, about 72% of customers prefer to learn about a product or service through videos, and Cisco predicted that the video would even make up 82% of all internet traffic in 2021. So it’s safe to say that adding a video to your book’s Facebook ad is a plus to increase clicks, views, and sales.
- Offer a checklist or workbook; for non-fiction authors who might have a book in niches like self-help, motivation, business, etc., it might be a good idea to attract readers with a free checklist or workbook.
- Offer exclusive sign-up to be listed for your next book in the series; don’t wait until you’ve published your next book to build your email list or attract potential readers. Create a Facebook ad promoting your new book and request and offer exclusive access to the first chapter or the entire book.
- Promote your book launched event; after spending months, even years writing your book, working with publishers, and fixing edits. It’s time to enjoy one of the best parts of publishing your book. You can share your work with a book launch. Create a Facebook event and use ads to grab a few RSVPs. You can get further details on these steps here.
Facebook advertising has been a success story for many authors. There’s no better example than Mark Dawson. There is a lot you can do with Facebook and a lot of data they can provide. You can get more details about how to sell your books on Facebook here.
- The Benefits of Selling on Facebook Marketplace: Facebook Marketplace | Facebook Marketplace App
- 10 Benefits to Using the Growing Facebook Marketplace for Your Business
- Facebook Marketplace for Business: Facebook Marketplace | Facebook for Business
- Reasons Why Facebook Marketplace Not Working and How to Fix: Facebook Marketplace | Facebook…
- What is Facebook Market Place – How to Access Facebook Marketplace – Facebook Marketplace