This article would be giving you details on How To Screen Record On Chromebook. In 2021, Google added a new feature which is the built-in screen record feature for Chromebooks so you don’t need third-party apps to do that job. You might not see this feature on your Chromebook if your Chromebook is not updated.
This is because the feature was added to the Chrome operating system update and it is available to all Chromebook as long as the device software is updated. They are different ways to achieve screen record on Chromebook. Let’s go further to know more.
Screen Record On Chromebook
- Press Shift + Ctrl + to Show windows.
- In the menu at the bottom choose screen record.
- Choose the option on what part you would want to screen record. You would likely see three options: Record the full screen, Record a partial screen and Record a Window.
- When you have recorded and you want to stop the recording, You would see an option at the right bottom Select stop recording. Make sure to click on the option.
Using Your Keyboard to Control Your Screen Record
With your Keyboard, you can control your screen record in a suitable way you would like it. Let’s look at how that can be possible.
- You can change the section you would want to screenshot by pressing the space bar.
- If you are not okay with the size of your screenshot, you can do something by pressing the Tab key until one of the circle corners of the section is highlighted.
- The height of your screenshot can be changed or adjusted by using the up arrow or the down arrow keys on your keyboard.
- You can change the width of your screenshot by using the right arrow or left arrow keys on your keyboard.
Using Screen Capture
- First, we need to click on the clock which is located at the bottom right of your screen.
- A menu would appear, but it might be looking too small. To make it bigger click on the up-carrot to fully expand the menu.
- Then among the options, you click on the screen capture. This option would appear at the bottom of your screen.
- Click on the Video icon at the left side of the menu. The video icon is close to the camera icon.
- Next is to choose the part you want to screen record. And we have three options which are: Record the full screen, Record a partial screen and Record a Window.
- Click on the gear icon.
- You have to choose if you would record audio or not.
Note: If you choose a full screen, to start up the recording you just click on anywhere on your screen. But when you are using the partial screen you adjust the box to where you would want to record and click the record button. While the windows, click on the windows you would love to record before you start.
Another piece of information to note is to stop recording, you have to click on the red stop button that is located at the bottom right corner of your screen at the shelf.
Where To Find Your Screen Records
After the screen recording, you would love to review and see what you have done so far. Let’s find out where we can locate them.
All your screen recordings automatically are saved to your clipboard this is for the opportunity of copying and pasting them into another application or program. But you find your recordings in the Videos folder.
They are saved immediately as WebM files. This is a free video format that is matchable and compatible with most sites. If you feel like you can convert the video to an mp4 Video using the Cloud Convert site.
Screen Recorder For Chromebook
- Screencastify: This is the number 1 screen recorder for Chrome. With this recorder, you can create videos also and you can access the viewer and create the perfect video you have to include your desktop, browser tab, and your webcam to show presentation, ideas, and personality.
- Screencast: This is the digital recording of your computer screen output which also can be referred to as video screen capture or screen recording which usually includes audio.
- Screencast-O-Matic: This is a screencasting and video editing software tool that can be launched directly from your browser. This is mostly and widely used in the education sector to support video creation for flipped classrooms and many educational-related activities.
Des Chromebook Record Screen Recording?
You manually enable your Chromebook microphone to record your screen with audio. The screen recorder will capture all the visual elements on the screen. You should note that the screen recorder does not capture audio by default.
How To Use Google Screen Recorder?
This is the procedure for recording on your Google pixel screen.
- Swipe down twice from the top of your screen.
- Then tap on the screen record but you have to swipe right to get it.
- Choose what part you would want to screen record and tap on the start to begin.
- To stop the screen recording you go down on your screen and tap on the screen recorder notification.
Can You Record Stuff On Chromebook
You go to the internal microphone on your Chromebook or use an external microphone that you have. Then start by clicking on recording to start the video. Thanks to the countdown you could arrange anything you want to record before the countdown ends.
How To Screen Record with Sound on my laptop?
Record with your microphone. You navigate to your task settings>Capture>Screen Recorder>Screen Recording options>Audio source and then select Microphone as the new audio source. For screen capture with audio, you tap on the install recorder button at the left side of the screen.
Is Screen Record Possible On Laptop?
It is possible all you have to do is to tap on the windows key + Alt + R to start screen recording. You would see a small recording widget to show long you have been recording. It could appear anywhere at the corner of your screen.