Are you interested in How to live stream from Twitch? Twitch is a different social media application that is interactive live streaming for content spanning, entertainment, music, and many other activities you would love to explore. Twitch runs as software on your system and as an app on your mobile phone.
This is an American video live streaming that focuses on video game live streaming, broadcasts of esports competitions, music broadcasts, and creative content. It is operated by Twitch Interactive a subsidiary of Amazon.com. The founders are Emmett Shear, Justin Kan, Michael Seibel, and Kyle Vogt. It was launched on June 6, 2011.
Twitch TV Shows
- Mega64 (2004)
- Critical Role (2015)
- Power Rangers (2017 – 2018)
- Joueur du Grenier. (2009)
- Exandria unlimited. (2021)
- Impact! (2004)
- Animal talking with Gary Whitta. (2020)
- Impact Xplosion. (2002 – 2021).
- Hello 2021. (2020)
- League of Legends Champions Korea. (2012).
There are some games recommended for you game lovers. This is recommended directly from twitch:
- Overwatch 2: is an exciting enjoyed, currently viewed by 139K viewers and 20M followers. It is an award-winning foundation of epic competitive play and challenges the world’s heroes to team up, power up, and take on an overwhelming outbreak of threats around the globe.
- FIFA 23: is a game for football lovers with 44.1K viewers and 638K followers. This game brings the world’s game to the pitch with HyperMotion2 Technology that delivers even more gameplay realism, with this game you can get men’s and women’s FIFA World cup coming during the season, women’s club teams, cross-play features, and many more you can figure out from the game.
- Valorant: this is another awesome game with 118K viewers and 14.8M followers. This is a character-based 5v5 tactical shooter set on the global stage.
- Apex Legends: is an epic game with 53.6K viewers and 17.3 followers. This is a free-to-play Hero shooter where legendary characters with powerful abilities team up for battle for fame and fortune on the fringes of the frontier.
We are going to list some watched games on Twitch
- Just Chatting.
- League of Legends.
- Overwatch 2
- Grand Theft Auto V.
- FIFA 23.
- Dota 2.
- Counter-strike: Global offensive.
- World of Warcraft.
- Apex Legends.
- Call of Duty: Warzone.
- Dead by Daylight.
- Teamfight Tactics.
- Pokemon Community Game.
- Genshin Impact.
- Special events.
- Lost Ark.
- Virtual Casino.
- Escape from Tarkov.
- Rocket League.
- World of Tanks.
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II.
- PUBG: Battlegrounds.
- Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege.
- Destiny 2
- Fall guys.
- NBA 2K23.
- Final Fantasy XIV Online.
- New World.
- A Plague Tale: Requiem.
- Tower of fantasy.
- Halo Infinite and many others.
Twitch Creative Arts
Twitch is also a place of creativity. A place where people show you how creative in the different categories mentioned below:
- Software and Game Development.
- Food and Drink.
- Makers and crafting.
Create a Twitch Account
To sign up for an account navigate to your web browser and type in https://www.twitch.tv and select the sign-up button colored purple, after clicking on the signup button. It would take you to a signup page where you would fill in your details correctly.
You can also log in from the Signup page, to do that navigate to the left where you see the log-in. Note that the Sign up is when you do not have a twitch account but if you already have that is when you go to log in where you just input your password and username.
Software for Streaming Live on Twitch
Streaming live videos and streaming games has become a trend for a very long time. Viewers can stream live from their devices no matter the location. The software gives you access to streaming live from twitch. Here are some of them:
- Twitch Studio (Beta): this is the software powered by Twitch itself. This is recommended for those streaming for the first time. With this software, customization is easy, and with awesome features like making setup easy, no worries about technical specs, and working on Windows and Mac only, advanced options are quite limited. To use this software, download it from twitch. tv/studio and then install it, after installing sign in to the twitch account you want to use for streaming. Lastly, getting this software is free because is a startup for beginner streamers.
- OBS studio: this is an open and free source streaming software with cross-platform compatibility. This software is highly customizable and is a great choice for those who have a very good knowledge of fundamental tech. This feature has great features like a Huge community to help in case of need and is available across platforms. It is also free with no price attached to it. You download and install it on windows, Mac, or Linux.
- Streamlabs OBS: This software is almost similar to OBS. This software is powered by a software company Streamlabs. It is also with the combination of some features from OBS. While OBS is difficult to use, streamlabs OBS is user-friendly and easy to use. With this software, you access some stuff like:
- It gives you access to a range of gaming overlays, graphics, and streams.
- The ability to stream on multiple platforms at the same time.
- You can also stream on Facebook and as well as Youtube.
- It has integrated alerts.
- Bonus features like premium apps that let you add functionality.
- One awesome feature is the chatbot that announces when you going live to your viewers automatically.
This software as nice as it sounds is sadly available on Windows and Mac only. There is also a free version of this software, there is room for upgrading to enjoy better and nice features from the prime costs $12 per month.
- Xsplit Broadcaster: This is software for live streaming and recording software specific to windows. With this software, you can stream and record videos in 4K at 60 fps. With this software, you can edit scenes virtually with the scene preview feature before you go live. This software has features that make it unique:
- The tool gives you access to add plugins to expand performance.
- Amazing, priority support for premium users.
This software is only available on windows and there is a free version but remember that premium has great features and you can get it at $5 to $15 per month or a lifetime license at $200.
- Lightstream: Like streamlabs OBS you can stream to Facebook, twitch, and Youtube. With Lightstream you give cloud streaming services directly from your web browser. It is good for basic game streaming. You can use Lightstream for podcasts by sending your guest a link to join the broadcast. The feature of Lightstream are as follow:
- Unlike other software where you need to download and install, with Lightstream you don’t need to download.
- Mobile apps permit stream management with the ability to start, stop and switch scenes.
- The encoding settings are awesome.
Like every other software, there is a free version. The premium price is $89 per month. You can stream from your PC, mobile device, or Xbox native broadcast.
- vMix: we have talked about software for basic and intermediate streamers but this software is for professional streamers. vMix is a high-end production and streaming app. You access some Facebook live, twitch, and other streaming platforms. Let’s look at some cool features of this awesome software:
- This software is user-friendly with high performance.
- It has cool animated graphics.
- You create with multiple HD sources.
- Live HD video mixing.
This software is currently available on windows. The price of vMix is $60 for starters.
How to live stream from Twitch From Your Mobile Device
You can also access the live stream on twitch from your phone. Let’s look at some steps:
- First, to begin with, you would need the twitch app on your phone. If you don’t download the app from the play store or apple store to get the app.
- Then next open the app to log in. To do that go through the Twitch 2FA process to log in.
- Then tap on your image button in the upper left-hand corner.
- Next, after tapping on the image button. You might likely see a “Go live” button. To go live you would need to give access to your camera and microphone through the app.
- Tap on the “Go Live” button after you have given the app access to your camera and microphone.
- There are still other things to consider before going live which are: a stream name, your content category, the camera you choose to use, and the link you would share to access your stream.
Once all these steps are well followed and considered, then you have access to stream live.
How to Live Stream On Twitch from a PC
To begin your live stream on twitch you would need certain hardware to make your streaming easy and better. Those tools are a webcam, microphone, and other tools based on the kind of live stream you choose to accomplish. Now let’s begin:
- You would need the software on your system before you can start through any broadcasting software you choose.
- After you have downloaded the software on your PC, open it and sign in to get started.
- Make sure to follow every step shown to you on the platform.
- Select settings and enter stream among the options. Next, you choose to twitch as your service.
Can you just live stream on Twitch?
You would have an account to live stream on twitch. All you have to do is select the profile icon on the top left corner and select the Go Live button to get started. You can use twitch with the assistance of Dobly On for IOs or Andriod. Then after setting that up, you can start streaming with less noise and dynamic EQ from your phone.
Is live streaming on twitch free?
Getting the twitch app is free and watching a stream is also free but some streamers offer a monthly subscription that attracts special packages.
Do you need a PC to stream on Twitch?
If you do not have PC hardware, Xbox one, Ps4, Xbox series X, Xbox Series S, and PS5 allow you to stream live with your consoles with no extra devices or software needed. With Xbox consoles, you will need the twitch free app.
Do you need OBS to stream On Twitch?
Yes, you need it to link your OBS to your twitch account before streaming. To get that, go to the official site of twitch and click the avatar on the top right, and select the dashboard from the drop menu.
What do you need for twitch streaming?
There are materials you need for twitch streaming:
- Good hardware (computer only).
- Desktop software (computer only).
- Webcam and a microphone.
- A good router.
- And a very strong internet connection.