As a PS5 game lover, then you should have known How To Enable 120Hz on PS5 so you can play compatible PS5 games at 120fps.
If your PS5 is connected to a TV with an HDMI 2.1 port, you’ll be able to play compatible PS5 games at 4K resolution at 120fps. Before you’ll do so, though, you’ll need skills to enable 120Hz mode on PS5.
How To Enable 120Hz on PS5
While not every PS5 game supports 120fps. Gamers that do include Call of Duty: Black Ops cold war, Dirt 5 and Devil May Cry 5: Special Edition. And also, the list of compatible games continues to grow.
But why is 120fps so important? Well, running games at 120fps not only makes games look incredibly smooth in motion. But it also makes games feel more responsive due to the lower input latency better framerate offers.
In competitive games where every second count, it can make all the difference. If you’re wondering away How To enable 120Hz on PS5, then, this guide will help. We’ve also rounded up all the PS5 games with 120fps support, which is continually updated.
Remember, not many TVs currently include HDMI 2.1 ports. So, if you would like to get the best out of the PS5’s display capabilities, you’ll need a 120Hz capable TV that supports the new HDMI specification.
Some TVs also added support via a firmware update, so it’s important to ensure that your TV is up to this point.
How to Enable 120Hz on PS5
Should you have a compatible display, enabling 120Hz on PS5 is comparatively straightforward.
- From the PS5’s home screen, head to ‘Settings. This may be found within the top right-hand corner.
- Select ‘Screen and Video’ and go to ‘Video Output’.
- You will then select whether to enable or disable 120Hz output under ‘Enable 120Hz Output’.
- Then you can check twice if your PS5 is capable of outputting 120Hz within the Video Output Information.
Under ‘Information for the connected HDMI device’ you will see 120Hz showing up within the list of supported refresh rates.
How To Enable 120Hz in PS5 games
It’s important to note that majority of PS5 games will default to either quality or performance mode. This is always worth checking a game’s settings or selecting the right display prompt.
This will be in place to confirm you’re playing your games at the very best framerate possible. For example, Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 + 2 on PS5 supports 120Hz.
But you would like to navigate the game’s options then head to ‘Display Options’. And choose ‘Performance’ rather than ‘Fidelity’ to enjoy 120fps support.
Some games, like Call of Duty: Black Ops cold war, would require you to set up your PS5 to “performance mode” in your PS5 system preferences to access 120Hz support.
More Related Content
- Podcast Advertising: 5 Tips for Effective Campaigns
- Xbox Series S is now a Threat to PS5 – The Rise of Xbox…
- PS5 Internal Storage Solution – PS5 Storage Solution to Accommodated Upgrades
- PS5 HDMI – PS5 Ports and Cables – Playstation 5 HDMI Capability
- PS5 Restock Tracker – Dates and Times of the Recent PS5 Restock