Speaking of how to delete your Facebook account on iPhone, it’s quite easy to carry out this action. However, before you proceed to do this, there are some important points you must take note of. In this article, you would get a detailed guide on how to do so. With this, you should read through.
Facebook is a social media platform that is targeted at building an online global community. People use this social media platform to connect with friends, families, business partners, and lots more. In this space, you can also get updates on events taking place around the world and as well share and express your feelings.
How to Delete Facebook Account on iPhone
This social space has various benefits such as Networking, News and information, Video chatting, dating, Business, and lots more. However, there have been some drawbacks lately.
Users have complained of their data being leaked and this has led to fraud and breaches. If you have been considering leaving the platform permanently, follow along as you would learn how to do so in this article.
What Happens When I delete my Facebook Account?
Before you proceed with this action, there are some points you should take note of. When you permanently remove your account from the space:
- The messenger would be deleted too. You won’t be able to use it but your friends may still see your previous messages.
- After the 30-day grace, you won’t be able to reactivate the account.
- All your data and uploads will be deleted as well.
- You would not be able to use Facebook Sign in for third-party apps such as Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.
- Pages you control on the space would be deleted as well. To avoid this, you should transfer the ownership to another user before leaving the online space.
- If you have read through this and you still feel the need to leave the space permanently, you can proceed to act.
How do I Delete my Facebook Account on my iPhone?
To carry out this action, follow the steps outlined below:
- Switch on your iPhone.
- Locate the Facebook app on your device and launch it.
- Navigate to the bottom right corner of your display screen and click on the menu button.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen.
- Choose “Settings and Privacy”.
- Tap on Settings.
- Select “Account ownership and control”.
- Go to “Deactivation and Deletion”.
- Choose “Delete Account”.
- Indicate that you want to continue the account deletion.
- Review the options to deactivate Facebook or archive your posts instead.
- If you want to save your data before you delete the account, tap on “Download”.
- When the download is done, tap on “Delete Account”.
- Fill in your “Password” in the required field.
- Select continue.
- To confirm that you want to delete the account, “Delete Account”.
You would be a 30-day grace to consider your decision after which the account would be removed totally. This is a detailed guide on how you can permanently remove your account from the social media platform.
How to Delete Facebook Account on iPad Settings
The layout of the Apple mobile phone is quite different from that of the tablet. If you are looking for how to remove your account with your Apple tablet, the guide below would help you:
- Ensure your iPad is connected to a high-speed network.
- Tap on the Facebook icon on the device to open it.
- Go to the icon of three lines at the bottom of the screen and tap on it. This is the menu button.
- Navigate to “Settings and Privacy” and choose it.
- Choose “Settings”.
- Scroll down and open “Account ownership and control”.
- Under “Deactivation and Control”, tap on “Delete Account”.
- Hit the blue button to continue.
- On the next page, enter your password.
- Choose the reason why you want to remove the account permanently.
After this, follow the rest on-screen instructions to complete the process of deleting your account.
Note that if you remove your account permanently, your profile would no longer be visible to people. Also, when your friends search for you in the space, they wouldn’t find you. Also, some information, such as messages you sent to friends, may still be visible to others.
How to Cancel Deletion of Facebook Account on iPhone
As it was said earlier in this article, the request would only be carried out after 30 days. You may change your mind within this period and may choose to stop the process of deleting your Account.
If your case is so, follow the steps outlined below to reactivate your account on the space:
- Connect your device to the internet.
- Launch the Facebook app on the device.
- Type in the email address which you use to log into the account on the platform.
- Fill in your “Password” in the required space.
- Tap on the “Log in” button at the bottom of your screen.
With this, your account would be reactivated. It’s quite easy.
- Delete My Facebook: Delete Facebook | Delete Facebook Account
- Delete This Facebook Account – Delete Facebook Account | How to Delete Facebook Account 2020
- How to Log into POF with Facebook – Create a POF Account
- Meet Singles for Free on Facebook – Creating Facebook Dating Profile to Meet Singles for Free on Facebook
- Dating In Facebook – How to use Facebook Dating | Facebook Dating