How to delete a photo or video on your Facebook story – the Facebook story is one of the best features on the social media platform. This feature will allow your friends and followers on the platform to easily follow up with your everyday life and activities.
How to Delete a Photo or Video on Your Facebook Story
Many people and account holders on Facebook post stories for vast and different reasons. And although your stories on Facebook are temporary and disappear after 24 hours, you can still delete them if you choose to.
Many Facebook users all over the globe already know this feature as it is also synonymous with other popular social media platforms such as WhatsApp and Instagram. Some users on the other hand are not too familiar with this. For this purpose, I will be guiding these set of people on how to successfully delete a photo or video that they have uploaded to their stories on Facebook.
Steps to Deleting a Video or Photo from Your Facebook Story
To delete a media file from your story on Facebook, follow the steps below;
- First, go to Facebook and go to the stories section at the top of your newsfeed
- Click ‘your story’ and click to find the video or photo that you want to delete
- Next, click on the three-dotted icon in the top right and select delete photo or delete a video
- Open the Facebook app for android and tap on your story at the top of your newsfeed
- Next, tap to find the video or photo that want to delete and select the three-dotted icon in the top right
- Lastly, tap delete photo or delete video
- Open the Facebook app for iOS on your device and tap story at the top of your newsfeed
- Next, tap to find the video or photo that you want to delete
- Tap the three-dotted icon in the top right and tap the delete photo or delete video button
Note; when you delete a video or photo from your story on Facebook, it will also be deleted from the messenger app. This means that any changes that you make to your story will update across both apps.
If you also see someone else’s story that you don’t want to see, you can easily mute it so that it does not show up again in your stories section.