Would you like to delete your Facebook dating profile but don’t know how to go about it. but first, let’s see what the dating app is talking about for those who don’t know. Facebook Dating is a new feature that helps you make romantic connections through the global social network.
You don’t have to create a separate dating profile; Facebook uses the information on your current profile to recommend potential matches based on shared interests. Your profile will also be recommended to others who have Facebook Dating activated.
How to Delete a Facebook Dating Profile
It’s possible to delete your Facebook Dating profile without deleting your regular Facebook profile, but deleting your account will remove you from Facebook Dating. If you want to delete your profile permanently, because you’ve met someone or the app is simply not for you, doing so is very easy.
There’s also a “Take a break” option that doesn’t delete your profile permanently but lets you take a break from receiving any new matches.
How do I Delete My Facebook Dating Account
- Open the Facebook app on your iPhone or Android
- Tap the three horizontal bars at the bottom-right of your screen to open a menu.
- Scroll down and tap “Dating.”
- In the top-right corner, tap the gear icon to open the Settings menu.
- At the top of the Settings menu, tap the “General” tab on the right.
- Under “Account,” tap “Delete Profile.”
- If you wish, type in the reason for deleting your profile, then tap “Next.”
- You will be prompted to “Take a Break” instead of fully deleting your profile.
- If you’d rather delete your profile completely and erase all data associated with it, select “Delete Profile.”
- Confirm that you want to delete your profile.
Can You Make Your Facebook Dating Profile Invisible
The good news is that Facebook has already thought about that. Your dating profile is automatically hidden from your Facebook friends who are also using the dating app. In other words, you can’t see their dating profile, and they can’t see yours.
Any Facebook friends who are also using the dating service won’t see your Facebook dating profile because it’s automatically hidden. But whether or not friends of your Facebook friends are suggested to you as a potential match is up to you. You can toggle that on and off within the “Privacy Settings” menu.
How do I Hide my Dating App on Facebook
Facebook has a dating service similar to Tinder’s called Facebook Dating. If you haven’t found your soul mate yet, you can give Facebook Dating a try and let the digital Cupid find the right match for you. But maybe you don’t want your friends to learn you’re using Facebook Dating. Let’s see how you can keep your dating profile private;
- Find the app that you want to hide
- And click on its name, or click the “Edit” link.
- Click the “X” to remove the app’s permission to access your page or change the settings for who can view the posts.
It is expected that sometimes you might want to take a break or permanently detach from the Facebook dating app, especially when you have found the one. You can simply get more details about deleting your Facebook account by clicking here.