If you have decided to deactivate your Facebook account or give a Facebook break, then I will be guiding you on How To Deactivate Facebook Account. Deactivating your Facebook account simply means you are putting it into digital hibernation. During this time, nobody will be able to see your profile or timeline, but you can still access your Facebook Messenger and communicate with the people you wish to. If you feel that Facebook will notify your friends that you’ve deactivated your account, then you’ve got it wrong. The platform doesn’t send out such notifications. Facebook is really fun and entertaining, but there are times you just need to give social platforms like Facebook a break.
How To Deactivate Facebook Account
But if you’ve been bothered about the whole process, then worry less because I have got you. Deleting your account might sound like a better alternative, but trust me deactivating it is the best. When you delete your account, now that’s permanent, but when the account is deactivated, you can still access it whenever you want.
The choice is yours to make. Facebook still allows you to use its Messenger app and chat with friends when you deactivate the account, but once you click on delete, after the days of grace given, you won’t be able to recover it back. Imagine having a lot of people looking on Facebook, and you delete the account, how will they feel? The best alternative is to simply deactivate and be inactive for some time. Now looks at what happens when you deactivate your account.
CHECKOUT >>> Facebook Avatar Creator – Facebook Avatar Updates | How to Make...
What Happens When I Deactivate My Account?
As I said earlier, instead of hitting the delete button, the best alternative is to deactivate the account if you need a break. Deactivating your account is less of a commitment than deleting your account and losing all the fiends, photos, and the memories permanently just like that. When you deactivate your account, your images, timeline and the personal information you provided on the platform will be hidden from the public. They will be saved in the Facebook archive until you’re ready to be back on the platform. The private messages and the stuff you’ve shared or posted on the timeline of others will actually remain visible.
Deactivate Facebook Account
You can also still chat on Facebook Messenger, but your account will not appear on search terms. That means, other users won’t be able to look you up using your username because you Facebook will be inactive for a while. You can deactivate your account for as long as you want, you just need to indicate how long you will be out. Once you’ve decided to be back on the platform, you can just reactivate it by logging into the account using the details.
How to Deactivate My Facebook
Deactivating your Facebook can be done using the Facebook app or the website. The process is simple and very fast. Yes, also very private for its users. Now, to deactivate the account, you need to make sure that the account is logged in. And tjis brings us the login aspect. To deactivate the account, you have to be signed into the account you wish to take a break from using your smartphone or computer. Read on to find out how you can login to your account.
As I said, to deactivate the account, have to be signed into the account. Signing in to logging in to your Facebook account is simple and fast. If you’ve forgiven the login process, you can follow the steps below to do that;
- On your Smartphone, open your Facebook app or you can simply use your computer web browser by going to facebook.com
- On the login form that will be shown, enter your login details.
- Fill in your email address or phone number and password.
- Hit on Login.
Your account will be loaded immediately if the details are filled in rightly. If you seem to forget the password, you can reset it by hitting on “Forgot Password” and then following the on-screen instructions there.
How to Deactivate My Facebook Account
Now, this is the part you’ve been waiting for, so let’s not waste time and dive in. To deactivate your Facebook account, follow the steps below;
Now Facebook web is updated so you can either use Facebook Classic or New Facebook. And since I don’t know the one you’re using, I will be guiding you with the steps to deactivate your account using any of the two. For New Facebook, follow below;
- Click on the drop-down arrow in the right top.
- Select Settings & Privacy> Settings from the drop options.
- Click on Your Facebook Information option in the left side column.
- Then click on “Deactivation and Deletion”.
- Choose the “Deactivate Account” option and click on “Continue to Account Deactivation”.
- Follow the instructions that will be shown next to commence the process.
- Click on the drop-down arrow at the top right side of your account page.
- Click on Settings and then “Your Facebook Information” in the left column.
- Then select “Deactivation and Deletion”.
- From the options there, choose “Deactivate Account”, and click on “Continue to Account Deactivation”.
- Then follow the instructions that would be shown to commence the whole process.
Deactivate account using Phone;
- On the account you want to deactivate, tap on the menu icon at the top or button (depending on the phone you’re using).
- Scroll down to the “Settings & Privacy” option and tap on it, then select “Settings” from there.
- Tap on “Account Ownership and Control” and select “Deactivation and Deletion”.
- Select “Continue to Account Deactivation, then follow the instructions on the screen to commence the process.
Your account will be deactivated and to access it back, you need to login using your details.
CHECKOUT >>> Facebook Avatar – Facebook Avatar Creator | Facebook Avatar Updates