In this content, I would be giving you details on how to connect your Roku device to stream any of the 5000+ streaming channels available via Wi-Fi. With Roku boxes and TVs, you would be able to connect to the internet using Ethernet or Wi-Fi, while streaming sticks offer you only the Wi-Fi option.
How to Connect Roku to Wi-Fi for the First Time
First, follow the steps that I would be highlighting for you below if you are interested in connecting your Roku Stick to your WIFI. This step is also viable if this is the first time you are doing this. But before we dive deep, here are some things you need to make the connection successful. They include:
- Roku Streaming Stick, Box, or Roku TV
- Roku Remote Control
- Router with wired or wireless connectivity
- Network Password
Once all that is settled, you can now follow the steps that I would be stating for you below to have your Roku device connected to your Wi-Fi.
- First, press the home button found on the remote
- Select “Settings” > “network” that is in the Roku onscreen menu
- After that, select “set up connections”
- Wait for Roku to locate your network
- And finally, enter your password and wait for the connection confirmation
Connect Roku to Wi-Fi in a Hotel
One amazing feature of Roku is that you get to travel with your streaming stick or box and make use of it if you would be staying in a hotel or a dorm room.
Before you choose to pack your Roku for use in a different location, be sure to check if the location provides Wi-Fi and if the TV that you would be making use of has an available HDMI connection that you are able to access from the TV’s remote control.
Once you arrive and you are set to make use of your Roku, follow the steps stated below:
- First obtain the location’s network password
- Then plug in your Roku stick or box to power the TV that you would be making use of.
- Press the “Home” button available on the Roku remote
- Go to “settings” > “Network” > “set up connection”
- After that, select “Wireless”
- Once you have established the network connection, select “I am at a hotel or college dorm”
- With this, several prompts would pop up on your TV screen for authentication purposes, it includes entering the Wi-Fi password that you obtained earlier, as well as a specific password that would offer you access to the Roku Server. This password would be shown on the screen.
- Once the Wi-Fi setup has been confirmed, you can enjoy your device’s features and your favorite streaming content.
How to Connect Roku with Roku App
Even without the Roku TV remote, you should be able to connect using your phone. Doing this is not that complicated, first just download the Roku Remote app for Android or iOS. Once the app is downloaded, follow the steps stated below:
- When you start the app for the first time, it would walk you through its different available options, and this includes how to use it as a Roku remote replacement.
- Next, you would be prompted to sign in using your Roku account. It is not entirely necessary for you to sign in, however, you can choose to “continue as a guest” and sign in when you feel like it.
- Next, tap on the devices located in the lower-right corner of the bar at the bottom. Tap on your Roku Device, then select the connect now button.
- Tap on the “Remote icon” under the discovered Roku device, it’s name would appear at the top. Then, you can tap the home button or “OK” button to wake up the Roku device that is connected to your TV.
- Once the roku app and the Roku Device is connected, use the arrow pad to head to “settings” > “Network” > “Set up connection” > “Wireless” on the Roku Device. follow any other instructions on your TV in other to set up the Wi-Fi connection.
How do I Connect Air Pods to my Roku TV?
You cannot directly connect your AirPods to a Roku device. to make use of your AirPods with your Roku, connect your AirPods to your phone. Right on the Roku app found on your phone, you can choose to connect the phone to the Roku device, then turn on the Private Listening feature.
How do I Connect my Phone to my Roku TV?
In other, for you to connect your Android phone to a Roku, you can make use of the Android’s Smart view feature, or you can choose to use the Roku mobile app. If you want to Mirror your iPhone on a Roku, head to “Settings” > “System” > “Screen Mirroring” on the Roku, then on your iPhone head to the “control center” > “Screen Mirroring” and then select your Roku Device.
Do you Need Wi-Fi for Roku?
Usually, you do, but it is not necessary. Plenty of Roku devices support USB-to-Ethernet adapters for Wired internet connections, namely smart soundbars, the express 4K and 4K plus, and the streambar and streambar pro.
Why Can’t I Connect my Roku?
Sometimes, it is really hard to say why it is not connecting without knowing specifics. But there are tons of reasons why your Roku would fail to connect, just make sure to do a round check to be sure of the reason why.
Also Read: Best Stainless Steel Rice Cookers