Steps on How to Connect Alexa to Your TV is not as easy as connecting a Bluetooth device. For this reason, I will be guiding you on connecting Alexa to several devices.
At first, Alexa was only featured on Amazon’s Echo lineup of devices. But thanks to technology development, the assistant is now accessed on several devices.
Read through this guide on this article to get information on How to Connect Alexa to Your TV. And also connecting to other devices.
How to Connect Alexa to Your TV
Amazon assistant Alexa now lets users take command of their living room, den, media center, TVs, and a lot more.
To connect Alexa to your TV, you will require a smart device like an Amazon Fire TV Stick. You can as well get a TV that includes inbuilt Alexa.
Is your TV smart enough? This is the very first thing that you need to consider. Finding out how Alexa can operate with your TV set.
Getting a smart TV such as LG, Sont, Vizio, or Samsung model will make setup easy just by a few switched.
Otherwise, the next option is accessing an Amazon Fire TV Stick or a Roku device to take control of your media.
How to Connect Your TV to Alexa
There is a wide range of procedures to make this process successful. Below are the setup steps to take on How to Connect Alexa to Your TV:
Using a Fire TV or Roku Stick:
Follow the steps to use this device:
- Launch the Alexa app on your iOS or Android device.
- Select the More option at the bottom of the platform.
- Then tap on Settings.
- Scroll down and select TV & Video.
- Now choose whether the Fire TV or Roku Stick. Whichever your streaming device match.
- Select Link Your Alexa Device if you are using Fire TV. While select Enable to Use for Roku Stick users.
- Enter the required login information to complete the linking process.
And Alexa will be connected to your TV set.
Using a Smart TV
Here is the step when you already have a Smart TV:
- Launch the Alexa app on your device (either iOS or Android).
- Tap on Devices at the bottom of the platform.
- Select the (+) icon at the upper right section. Then tap Add Device.
- Scroll down and tap on TV.
- Select your smart TV model.
Now, follow Alexa’s app guidelines to complete the setup process.
Using a Set-top Box
Here is a guide if you are connecting Alexa to a Set-top box:
- Launch the Alexa app on your mobile phone.
- Tap More at the bottom of the options.
- Choose the Skills & Games option.
- Enter your cable provider from the search bar. For example, DirecTV, Fios, Frontier, Dish Network).
- Select your cable provider if seen from the list.
- Now tap Enable to Use.
Log in with your provider’s details and you are set to use Alexa assistant on your device.
How To Command Your TV With Alexa
After your TV has been connected with Alexa assistant, you can start to give Alexa command just with the sound of your voice.
Note: Not all TV and other devices use the same command words. Ensure you check on your manufacturer’s support website for information.
Here are some of the major commands you can try out on your media setup:
- “Alexa, turn (on/off) the (TV name)”.
- “Alexa, turn the volume (up/down) on the (TV name)”.
- “Alexa, mute the (TV name)”.
- “Alexa, switch input to HDMI 1 on (TV name)”.
- “Alexa, (play/pause) on (TV name)”.
- “Alexa, watch Stranger Things on Netflix”.
- “Alexa, show (comedy/drama/romance) movies”.
You can get more from Google directly.