It does not matter if you change your phones more often or stick to trusty devices for a few good years, the choice of default apps stays the same. And it’s perfectly fine. So I would be giving you the steps on How to Change Your Default Apps on Android Phones. These steps are tested and trusted, so stay tuned.
How to Select a Default App on An Android Device
Android allows you to select your choice of a default launcher app also, and the courtesy extends to calling/phone apps, too. Every in-house and the third-party app has its own set of pros and cons, and it ultimately boils down to choosing the one that best suits you quite straightforwardly, and you don’t have to fiddle with any of the developer settings. Just follow these steps to set a default app, or make changes to the default app preference on an Android Phone.
Before getting into details, make sure to have it at the back of your mind that some custom Android skins from Chinese smartphone makers like the MIUI or Color OS might possess a slightly different approach, but the process is still a bit easy.
Steps by Step Guide
The steps involved in changing default apps on Android is stated below and have been replicated on a Google Pixel 4a Running the very first public beta of the Android 13, and a Samsung Galaxy S22 that boots one UI 4.1 based on Android 12. With disclaimers taken out, below are the steps to follow:
- Launch the Settings on your Android Phone and then head over to the Apps section
- On the Apps page, scroll down and then choose the default apps option
- Here, you would be presented with a list of app types that would allow you to select the default app of your choice. The options here are that you would get a browser, phone, caller ID and Spam, digital assistant, home (or Launcher), SMS, and an app for launching the web links.
- If you are interested in changing the messaging app, tap on the SMS app option and select the application of your choice right on the next page. The same tap-and-change steps can be applied when it comes to the rest of the applicable app categories.
With these steps, your default app would be changed in no time. These steps have proven to be quite helpful to me, and trust me it would help you out too.
- Cloud Phone Systems – Some of the Best Cloud Phone Systems
- The Best 10 Cookware Deals for March 2022
- Choice of Games LLC – Choice of Games LLC Website | Choice of Games LLC Forum
- Rainbow Six Mobile Confirmed – Rainbow Six Mobile Still in Beta
- Android Customizations that will Help you get the Best Experience with your Phone