In this article, we are going to teach you how to change password on Gmail. It is possible to do this on desktop, iPhone, and Android versions of Gmail. Also, you can easily make use of Google’s reset form to reset your password in case you have forgotten your password.
We will be presenting you with two different methods you can use to change your password. The first method is by using an iPhone or iPad and the other is by making use of an Android device.
How to Change Password on Gmail | Step/Procedure
The first procedure given below is for those who are making use of an iPhone or an iPad and want to know to change password on Gmail. You can go through the steps below:
- Open Gmail. (red and white envelope icon displayed on the screen).
- Click ☰. located the top-left corner of the screen to show the menu.
- Scroll down and click ‘Settings’ located at the bottom of the menu.
- Choose your account and click on the account that you intend to change its password.
- Click on ‘Manage your Google Account‘ located at the top of the page.
- Next click ‘Sign-in & security’ located close to the top of the page.
- Click ‘Password’ to open up the login field.
- Input your current password and click ‘Sign in’(A blue button at the bottom of the screen) to direct you to the password page
- Input your new password twice. Input new password into the “New password” text box, then input it again in the “Confirm new password” text box.
- Finally, click ‘Change Password’ which is a blue button located at the bottom of the page and your password will successfully be changed.
How to Change your Password on Gmail through Mobile App
Alternatively, the second method in this article is by making use of the Gmail App on an Android device. The steps are below:
- Open Gmail on your Android (A red and white envelope icon located on the home screen or in the app drawer)
- Click ≡ which is located at the top-left corner of the screen to display the menu
- Scroll down and click ‘Settings’ which is at the bottom of the menu.
- Choose your Gmail account by clicking the account you wish to change its password.
- Click ‘Manage your Google Account’ located at top of the menu under the ″Account″ header to open up your Google Account settings.
- Swipe left to the Security tab or click ≡ menu at the bottom-right corner, then click ‘Security’.
- Scroll down and click “Password” which is beneath the ″Signing in to Google″ header.
- After this, input your current password and click “Next” to direct you to the ″Password″ page.
- Type in your new password into the top box.
- Input the new password into the ″Confirm new password″ blank.
- Finally, click “ Change Password’ which is the blue button located at the bottom of the page.
Congratulations, by following either of the methods that have been given above, you can easily change your Gmail password either on your iPhone, iPad or on your Android device.