Do you want to pay a visit to the USA and you do not know How to apply for a Visitor Visa in the U.S.? If you are one of these persons, then this post is a must-read for you.
How to Apply for a Visitor Visa in the U.S.
The B-1/B-2 visitor visa is for those traveling to the United States of America temporarily either for business (B-1) or for pleasure (B-2). One can therefore say that the B-1 visa is for those persons that are traveling for the purpose of consulting with business associates, attending educational, professional, scientific, or business conventions and so many more.
The B-2 visa on the other hand is for travel plans that are recreational in nature such as tourism, visit with friends and relatives, medical treatment, and other social activities. And so often, the B-1 and the B-2 visas are combined and also issued as one visa known as the B-1/B-2.
Qualifications for a visitor visa in the U.S.
Assuming you apply for a B-1/B-2 visa, you should exhibit to a consular official that you meet all requirements for a U.S. visa as per the U.S. Migration and Nationality Act (INA). Area 214(b) of the INA assumes that each B-1/B-2 candidate is an intending immigrant. You should pass this legal assumption by showing:
- That the reason for your excursion to the United States is for a temporary visit, like business, pleasure, or clinical treatment
- That you intend to stay in the United States for a particular, restricted timeframe
- Proof of assets to cover your costs while in the United States
- That you have a home external the United States, as well as other binding social or monetary ties, that will guarantee your return abroad toward the finish of your visit
Individual or domestic workers and team members working aboard vessels inside the Outer Continental Shelf might fit the bill for B-1 visas in specific situations.
A few foreign nationals may not be eligible for visas as per The Immigration and Nationality Act. You can peruse more about The Immigration and Nationality Act and visa ineligibility here.
US Visitor Visa Application Items
If it is that you apply for a business/vacationer visa, you should submit the following items:
- A Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application (DS-160) Form. Go to the DS-160 online page for more data about the DS-160.
- A valid passport for travel to the United States with a legitimacy date such as a half-year period beyond your planned time of stay in the United States (except if country-explicit arrangements give exclusions). Assuming more than one individual is included in your submitted passport; every individual craving a visa should submit an application.
- One (1) 2″x2″ (5cmx5cm) photo taken within the last six months period.
- A receipt showing installment of your US$160 non-refundable nonimmigrant visa application handling charge paid in your local currency.
Notwithstanding these things, you should introduce an interview appointment letter affirming that you booked an appointment through this platform. You may likewise bring supporting reports you believe support the data you presented to the consular official.
Steps To Apply For A USA Visiting Visa
To begin the process of applying for a visitor USA visa, follow the steps below;
- First, you will need to complete the nonimmigrant visa electronic application (DS-160) form.
- Next, pay the visa application fee.
- The third step entails you scheduling your appointment online. And you can do this here. To schedule your appointment, you will need the following pieces of information;
- The number of passports.
- The number of your receipt from your visa fee receipt.
- And lastly, the ten digital barcode numbers from your DS-160 confirmation page.
- Next, you will have to pay a visit to the U.S embassy or its consulate on the very date and time for your visa interview. You also must come with a printed copy of your appointment letter, one photograph shot in the last six months, your DS-160 confirmation page, and also your present and all old passports.
An applicant without all of these items will not be accepted.
Supporting Documents for A USA Visa
Supporting documents are just one of many variables a consular officer will consider in your meeting or interview. Consular officials take a gander at every application exclusively and think about professional, social, cultural, and different elements during the arbitration.
Consular officials might take a gander at your particular aims and intentions, family circumstances, and your long-range plans and prospects inside your nation of residence. Each case is analyzed exclusively and is concurred with every consideration under the law.
Caution: Do not present misleading records and documents. Extortion or deception can bring about long-lasting visa ineligibility. Assuming privacy is of concern, the candidate ought to bring the records to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in a sealed envelope.
The U.S. Embassy or Consulate won’t make this data available to anybody and will regard the classification and confidentiality of the data.
You ought to bring the accompanying reports to your interview. Unique and original documents are constantly liked over copies and you should bring these documents with you to the interview. Try not to fax, email or mail any supporting archives to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate.
- Current verification of income, payment of tax, property or business possession, or assets.
- Your travel schedule and additionally, any other clarification about your arranged trip.
- A letter from your manager enumerating your situation, salary, the time frame of employment, any approved vacation, and the business reason, if any, for your U.S. trip.
- Criminal/court records relating to any capture or conviction anyplace, regardless of whether you finished your sentence or were subsequently pardoned.
Moreover, based on your motivation to travel, you ought to think about bringing the accompanying:
Bring your most recent school results, transcripts, and degrees/diplomas. Additionally bring proof of monetary support, for example, month-to-month bank statements, fixed deposit slips, or other proofs.
Bring a work letter from your employer and pay slips from the latest three months.
Businessmen and Directors of Companies
Bring proof of your position in the organization and also remuneration.
Visiting a Family Member or Relative
Bring copies of the verification of the status of your relative or family member (for example Green Card, naturalization testament and certificate, a valid visa, and so forth)
Past Visitors to the United States
Assuming you were beforehand in the United States, any reports validating your migration or visa status.
Supporting Documents for Applicants Seeking Medical Care
On the off chance that you wish to travel to the United States for clinical treatment, you ought to be ready to introduce the accompanying documentation notwithstanding the documents listed above and those the consular officer might require:
- A clinical diagnosis from a local doctor or physician clarifies the idea of your infirmity and the explanation you require treatment in the United States.
- A letter from a doctor or clinical office in the United States communicating an ability to treat this particular sickness and enumerating the projected length and cost of therapy (counting specialists’ charges, hospitalization expenses, and all clinical related costs).
- An assertion of monetary responsibility from the people or association paying for your transportation, clinical and everyday costs.
The people ensuring installment of these costs should give confirmation of their ability to do as such, frequently as a bank or different explanations of income/savings or affirmed duplicates of personal income tax returns.
Wonderful illustration! Wonderful illustration! This astounded me. Your ability to think critically about all of these issues. I’m influenced by the way you work with your articles and the effort you’ve put in to get here. In terms of concepts, you went above and beyond. Your function and obligations are being carried out admirably. Maintain your excellent performance.