A prepaid Visa card that may be used to pay for purchases made on the Amazon platform is referred to as a Visa gift card on the site. These gift cards can be bought for personal use or given as gifts because they are pre-loaded with a certain amount of money.
Visa Gift Card on Amazon Account
When you link a Visa gift card to your Amazon account, you can use the card’s remaining amount to make purchases on the Amazon website. The process of adding the gift card to your Amazon account is simple, regardless of whether you want to use it for convenience shopping or were given it as a gift.
This manual will take you step-by-step through the process of connecting a Visa gift card to your Amazon account, allowing you to easily make purchases. Learn how to add a Visa gift card to Amazon by starting now.
How to Add Visa Gift to Amazon
To add a Visa gift card to your Amazon account, follow these steps:
- Visit the Amazon website and sign in to your Amazon account. If you don’t have an account, you can create one for free.
- Hover over the “Accounts & Lists” option located at the top right corner of the page. From the dropdown menu, select “Your Account.”
- On the “Your Account” page, scroll down to the “Payment options” section. Click on the “Add a card” button.
- On the next page, enter the details of your Visa gift card, including the card number, expiration date, and security code. You may also need to provide the name on the card.
- After entering the card details, click on the “Add your card” button to proceed.
- Amazon will attempt to validate the gift card information and add it to your account. If the card is successfully added, it will appear under your payment options.
- To ensure that the gift card balance is used for your purchases, you may need to set it as your default payment method. To do this, locate the gift card under your payment options and click on the “Make default” button if available.
Using a Visa Gift Card to Make Purchases on Amazon
Here are the possible ways of using your Visa gift card for purchases on Amazon:
- On the Amazon website or app, log in to your account.
- Browse the Amazon website or use the search bar to find the goods you wish to buy.
- By selecting the “Add to Cart” option, you can add the appropriate products to your shopping cart.
- After you’ve completed making your selections, click the shopping cart icon to continue to the payment stage.
- Review the specifics of your order on the checkout page before clicking the “Proceed to Checkout” button.
- Your saved payment options are displayed in the payment section. Locate the Visa gift card you added to your account and make sure the payment option is selected.
- You might need to specify an additional payment method if the Visa gift card balance is insufficient to pay the entire amount of your order. As a fallback payment option, you can select a different credit or debit card or utilize your bank account.
- Once you have double-checked the order details to make sure they are accurate, click “Place your order” to finish the transaction.
- When processing your order, Amazon will take the necessary sum from the remaining balance on your Visa gift card.
- You will receive an order confirmation once the transaction is finished, and the payment will appear in your Amazon account.
How to Register My Gift Card from Visa?
Things to Be Aware Of. To activate the card over the phone, dial the number listed on the front sticker or the back of the card.
Give the 3-digit security code, the card’s expiration date, and the 16-digit card number. To activate it online, go to the URL on the card’s back or front sticker.
Frequently Asked Questions?
Does Amazon Accept gift cards from Visa or MasterCard?
Prepaid cards are accepted for the majority of purchases on Amazon.com, although there are some limitations. For prepaid Visa, MasterCard, and American Express cards, the following limitations apply: They cannot be used in conjunction with credit cards in the same order.
Has Amazon ever issued a Visa card?
A co-branded credit card, the Amazon Prime Rewards Signature Visa Card offers benefits like 5% cash back on purchases made at Whole Foods and on Amazon.
How can I cash out my Visa gift card online?
Convert your gift card to PayPal or Venmo cash. Sell your gift card on Facebook Marketplace, purchase a money order with a Visa gift card, Sell Your Visa Gift Card at a Kiosk for Exchange, Offer the Visa Gift Card for Sale at Work, and Sell Your Visa Gift Card to a Loved One.
What does an Amazon Visa card cost?
The Amazon Prime Visa card’s rates and fees are regular, however, there is a significant caveat regarding the “no annual fee” provision. To obtain the card, you must be a member of Amazon Prime, which costs $14.99 per month or $139 per year if paid in full.