How do you Deactivate your Facebook Account? As a Facebook user, you can make the decision of deactivating your account anytime you want to, this can be due to different reasons but it is mostly due to the fact that some users can decide to take a break from using Facebook. In this article, we will show you how to deactivate your Facebook account.
How do you Deactivate your Facebook Account
The process of deactivating your Facebook account when you feel like taking a break anytime is a simple one, all you have to do is to follow the steps below:
- First of all, tap the upside-down triangle located at the top right corner of any Facebook page.
- After that, go to “Settings.”
- Next, tap “General” which is in the left column.
- Tap “Manage Your Account.”
- Finally, click on “Deactivate Your Account” and you can follow the instructions after.
Whenever you are ready to reactivate your account, all you need to do is to log in to the account online or log in to a third-party app on Facebook.
Difference between deactivating your Facebook and Deleting your Facebook Account
Deleting your Facebook account is not the same as deactivating your Facebook account. The major difference between deactivating and deleting a Facebook account is that deactivating your Facebook account is a temporary action, you can easily activate Facebook again while deleting is permanent, once you delete your account, it is not possible to retrieve it again.
What happens to my Facebook Account when it is Deactivated?
Your timeline which includes your posts, photos, friends lists, and “about” information is hidden, and people will not be given access to search for your account though few pieces of information like your messages will still be seen. Facebook makes sure that all your information is saved just in case you decide to reactivate your account.
How to delete your Facebook Account
As said earlier, deleting your Facebook account is a permanent step so if you finally decide that you want to delete your Facebook account, you can follow the steps below:
- The first step you need to take is to connect your device to an active internet source and go to your Facebook account.
- After that, go to the “Delete Your Account” page.
- Finally, tap “Delete Account” in the bottom right-hand corner of the page.
Facebook advises users to download a copy of their information before they delete their account so they can still have everything saved on their account. You can follow the steps below to download your information on Facebook:
- Tap the upside-down triangle located in the top right-hand corner of any Facebook page.
- On your Facebook account, tap on “Settings.”
- Tap “Your Facebook Information.”
- Next, tap “View” next to “Download Your Information.”
- To add or remove categories of data from your request, check the boxes located on the right side of the page.
- Select the format of your download, the quality of photos and videos and the date range of your request.
- “Create File” for the confirmation of your request and a notification will be sent to you when your download request is ready.
- Scroll to the “Download Your Information” page again (tap the triangle >> “Settings” >> “Your Facebook Information” >> click “View” next to “Download Your Information”).
- Finally, tap “Download.”
Your file will begin to download after you have re-entered your password.
Other Helpful Post
- Android Phone Privacy – How to Add More Privacy to your Android Phone
- How to Delete (or Deactivate) Your Facebook Account in 2020 – Deactivate Facebook Account | Delete Facebook
- Delete Facebook Account from App: How to Delete Facebook Account | Facebook Account Delete
- Deactivate Facebook on App 2021: Deactivate Facebook Account | Facebook Account Delete