What is Hotmail Gmail? With the internet today, just about everything is possible. In this situation where one can merge both the Hotmail and Gmail platforms; so many people would be surprised. I am one of these persons. Well when I first came about this, I doubted it. I never believed it was possible until I did a research on it. And guess what? It is actually possible to merge both platforms and send emails from within one using the other. Hotmail and Gmail are one of the best in the world of email services. With the latter being said, it simply means that they are competitors in the market. Therefore, both platforms merging is something that is just out of the ordinary. But hey, what do we know, seems there is a plan we all don’t know about.
Do you know that there are some persons who have secretly always wanted to be able to read their Hotmail messages from within the Gmail platform? Well while you may find this shocking, it is actually true. And in this article, I will be directing or sharing with you rather, relevant and important information needed to do this. Well if you are one of those readers still thinking about the possibility of this, it is very true. You can send and receive messages from one of these platforms from within the other and I will be showing you how soon.
While I still do not understand how this is possible or what came about the idea behind this, I actually think that it is both weird and brilliant. And if you are a sharp person, you would feel the same way too. We all know that the windows live Hotmail service was discontinued but users on the platform still had access to a free windows mail account. But if for security reasons you still think that the service would be discontinued one day, it will be better you set up a separate account through a different service.
With this different account you will be channeling your messages through it and what other netter option do you know of that is better than Gmail? Gmail currently can be argued as the best emailing service platform in the world and for legitimate reasons. If you have a Gmail account then you would agree with me on this one hundred.
Link Hotmail To Gmail
Now that you know that linking both accounts is very much possible, do you know how to do it? So many Hotmail account holders, who know about this, have already linked their accounts. Therefore, what are you waiting for? It is time you do the same. but you will only know how to go about this if you know-how. However if you dint know how to do this, I will be guiding you on it. But before you start with the linking process you need to make sure that you have accounts on both platforms. Once that is in place, follow the steps below;
- Login to your Gmail account.
- Go to your settings menu in Gmail.
- Go to accounts and then click on add another mail account under the Get mail from other accounts option.
- Under email address enter your windows live Hotmail address.
- Click the next step.
- Type your full windows mail address under the username and your password under the password field.
- Under the POP server, enter pop3.gmail.com.
- Under port enter 995.
- Check the always use a secure connection (SSL) when retrieving the mailbox.
- Other fields that need to be checked are optional, however.
- Next, click on add account.
- Check or select the ‘yes, I want to be able to send mail as’ box and click on the next step button.
- Click on the next step button again.
- On the next page, click on send verification.
- Now, switch to the main Gmail window and go to your inbox.
- Open the ‘Gmail confirmation – send mail as’ message as soon as it hits your inbox as it may take minutes to arrive.
- Copy the confirmation code and paste it into the confirmation code form.
- Click on the verify tab.
This action will make your windows mail account emails show up in your Gmail. And you can now start sending and receiving emails from your windows mail address right from your Gmail account.