the Heinrich Böll Foundation Scholarships 2023/2024 for International Students is offered to approximately 1000 Undergraduates, Graduates, and Doctoral students of all subjects and from all nationalities every year.
The students must be willing to pursue their degree at universities of applied sciences Fachhochschulen, or universities of the arts; Kunst-/Musikhochschulen, in Germany.
Heinrich Böll Foundation Scholarship recipients are expected to have excellent academic records, must be socially and politically engaged, and have an active interest in the basic values of the foundation which are: ecology and sustainability, democracy and human rights, self-determination and justice.
Note: Heinrich Böll Foundation only accepts online applications; written proof of German language proficiency (Minimum requirement: „Deutsche Sprachprüfun
Summary of Heinrich Böll Foundation Scholarship 2023/2024
- Scholarship Type: Postgraduate
- Organization: Heinrich Böll Foundation
- Country to study: Germany
- Course to study: Not Specified Origin
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: September 1, 2022
About Heinrich Böll Foundation
The famous Heinrich Böll Foundation is a German independent political foundation founded in 1997 when three predecessors merged. Heinrich Böll Foundation nurtures a spirit of intellectual openness and maintains a world wide network with currently 30 international offices.
The foundation cooperates closely with 16 state-level Böll Foundations in each of Germany’s federal states, and offers support to talented, socio-politically engaged undergraduate and graduate students in Germany and abroad.
How to Apply for Heinrich Böll Foundation Scholarship 2023/2024
The foundation only accepts the online applications. Therefore, Interested and qualified applicants should;
- Visit Heinrich Böll Foundation at www.boell.de to apply
- Register via the link below: https://stipendium.boell.de/
- You will be required to provide the requested information in the Online Application Portal
- Upload the documents required and submit your application before the end of the application deadline
- Note that the application deadline is September 1st and the application portal will be opened about 6 weeks before the application deadline.
- International applicants must first prove their proficiency in German (Good or very good knowledge of the German language is required)
- For more details, click the link below: https://www.boell.de/en/application
Criteria for Heinrich Böll Foundation Postgraduate Scholarship Qualification
The eligibility Criteria below apply to international student applicants (except EU citizens) who wish to study in Germany:
- An eligible applicant is an Individual who is enrolled at a state-recognized university or college in Germany at the time the scholarship payments begin.
- He/She must provide proof of an already completed Undergraduate degree with an initial professional qualification. The Heinrich Böll Foundation programme mainly supports students aiming for a Masters’s degree.
- Applicant must have good knowledge of German and must provide proof of proficiency.
- Meanwhile, the current guidelines specify that the foundation cannot support foreign scholarship holders for stays abroad in third countries for more than four weeks.
- Applicants must apply for a scholarship before the start of his/her studies, in order to ensure long-term support and cooperation.
- The foundation cannot award a scholarship if an applicant is studying for a one-year Masters’s degree and was not previously supported by the foundation.
- Proof of doctoral degree acceptance by a higher institution must be provided by the applicant
Recipients of the Heinrich Böll Foundation Scholarship are expected to have excellent academic records, to be socially and politically engaged, and to have an active interest in the basic values of the foundation: ecology and sustainability, democracy and human rights, self-determination and justice.
Documents Required for Application
- Personal information and CV
- A well-written Motivation letter for applying to the Heinrich Böll Foundation Scholarship
- A motivation outline for studying your chosen subject and your main areas of interest.
- Another outline of your social commitments and political interests
September 1, 2022