The Growth4Her Investor Readiness Accelerator Program 2022 for African Entrepreneur Women is now open. This is a 6-month Program for women in West and Central Africa.
The Growth4Her Program for West and Central African Women seeks to bridge the Gender Financing Gap in Africa. An IMF study shows that about 47 African countries, indicated that women are more prone to self-select out of the credit market due to low perceived creditworthiness.
Hence, Bridging the gender financing gap, especially for WSMEs’ becomes necessary and is not solely about availability or affordability but more so about WSMEs’ willingness and capabilities to access financing opportunities.
The Growth4Her Accelerator Program provides women entrepreneurs with the capacity and tools which enables them to transition from small to high potential fundable growth stage businesses.
Details of Growth4Her Investor Readiness Accelerator Program 2022
- Type: Entrepreneurs
- Organization: Growth4Her
- Course to study: Not specified
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: October 7, 2022
The Growth4Her cohorts are scheduled to run in Cameroon and Nigeria. The application portal for this program can be accessed anytime, only selected candidates will only be contacted when they have been selected for a new cohort. Each of the opened Cohort can be accessed by at least 15 and at most 25 women.
The program provides women entrepreneurs with the capacity and tools which enables them to transition from small to high potential fundable growth stage businesses. Growth4Her Accelerator unites communities, using behavior-based models and transformational leadership approaches combined with practical business skills and tools to support women for market traction and growth, financial management, and technological transformation.
With these, they’re able to overcome legislative, psychosocial, and economic barriers while helping them unlock and access financing opportunities.
How to Apply for Growth4Her Investor Readiness Accelerator Program 2022
- Click this link to apply in English: https://forms.gle/9SucBUGpQaXbGiBX8
- For French Applications, click this link: https://forms.gle/kvuDqQRT1znScpUg9
- Visit Growth4Her website for more details: https://growth4her.org/apply/
Criteria for Growth4Her Investor Readiness Accelerator Program 2022 Qualification
Applicants must fulfill the requirements below to be eligible:
- Must be ≥ 51% owned by a woman or,
- Be ≥ 20% owned by a woman and have ≥ one woman as CEO/COO (President/Vice President); and
- Must have ≥ 30% of the board of directors comprised of women, where a board exists.
- Loan ranging from US$5,000 and US$1 million. Please note that the Loans must not be from traditional financial institutions, associations, cooperatives for example “tontine/njangi” “esusu”, family loans may be considered)
- Applicants Must have 5 and 300 employees
- Have Sales between US$35,000 and US$15 million
- Must have Assets between US$100,000 and US$15 million
- Be able to dedicate 1 week to an intense virtual/ physical Bootcamp
- Able to commit 3 hours for mentorship engagement for a period of 8 weeks
- The applicant Must be a C-Level executive in the organization
October 7, 2022