Google TV Streaming Services. Google TV is a smart platform from Google. It is also a smart platform that brings all your viewing needs under one intuitive interface.
Instead of you crossing to Netflix to watch a Netflix show and then Hulu to Watch a Hulu show, and then your cable service to watch a game you can simply do all this within the Google TV app.
The Google TV service is taking over the TV entertainment scene by combining all kinds of streaming apps with traditional TV channels
Google TV Streaming Services
Google TV Streaming Services are the hardware that connects to your TV and internet, which permit you to stream and cast content like movies or music on your TV.
There are more than 35 services integrated according to Google. But currently, Sling TV and YouTube are the only supported live streaming TV services.
The useful thing about the Google TV platform is the ability to aggregate and organize content from a variety of different sources. The platform comes bundled with the new generation of Chromecast devices, but you can also find it on smart Sony TVs and the Google TV app on Android Phones.
Apps that Support Google TV’s Live Tab
Presently, three are only three apps that support this functionality. Below are the apps:
- Sling TV
- YouTube TV
How to Add or Remove a Streaming Service on Goggle TV Device
If you subscribe to streaming services, you can add them to your Google Tv platform or app. When you add services to your account, you get more recommendations on what to watch for those services.
Below are steps to follow when removing or adding streaming service on Google TV device:
- Visit your profile picture and select settings, on your Google TV home screen.
- Then select and click on Account & Sign in
- Go to your account and choose your services
- Scroll down to your right and turn each service on or off
- To save the selection and exit the screen, scroll left
In the Google TV App
The following are ways to add or remove streaming services on Google Tv App:
- Tap your profile picture or initials at the top right of the app
- Click on Manage services
- Choose the service you want to add or remove
- Click Next and it is already settled.
Note that if you remove a service from a Google TV device or app, it does not cancel your subscription. To cancel a subscription, you can contact the streaming service provider.
Google TV Streaming Channel and Services
Google TV Users are enjoying a lot of channels and services. Here are just a few examples:
- Comedy Central
- Amazon Prime Video
- Fox Now
- HBO Go
- DC Universe
- Showtime Anytime
- Tubi TV
- The CW
- Apple TV+
- Peacock etc.
How to Connect Streaming Service to Google TV
- On your devices, open the Google Home app
- Top right, sign in to the account you use on your Google TV device
- Tap Add + at the top left
- Tap Video or Live TV under the Manage service
- Look for the service and tap Link or Add +.
- To remove a linked service, click on Unlink
- Finally, follow the on-screen instructions
Netflix Not on Google TV
Why Netflix is not on Google TV? The major streaming service in the world does not play nice with the platform. Netflix content uses google TV’S directory lookup feature but Netflix chunks its original content from being used in the watchlist feature.
The stalemate on Netflix and Google TV support has been ongoing for roughly a year at this point and shows no signs of getting better. Google TV won’t offer any references for Netflix content. Nevertheless, we have seen Netflix run advertisements on Google TV IN recent months
Thanks for reading.